Thursday 2 February 2017

A Warm Welcome Back At The Wednesday Crafting Group


 Hello dear friends!  Many of you will know that a few months ago, before Mum fell so ill, I was invited to join a lovely group of  'crafty' ladies to join them on a Wednesday evening!  I had only managed to attend twice, when Mum fell so ill and needed all my attention and I was unable to attend again, until now!

I was asked if I would like to attend again, now that things have eased off a bit and I have a little more time to do a little for myself again.  Of course, I said yes!  I have to admit, I was a little nervous, as I am shy around new people, and especially groups of people, bearing in mind  I had only met these lovely ladies a couple of times, and although they were very sweet when I first met them, it had been quite a while ago!  Why, oh why, do I worry myself unnecessarily all the time?  Of course, they were as lovely and welcoming and friendly as they were the first time I met them.  I had to decline the wonderful offer of Lemon Drizzle Cake and Scones that smelled divine, (I'm still trying to lose the weight I had put on over Christmas), that our wonderful hostess Moya had made, but I did accept a cup of tea, and soon, we were chatting and giggling all over again!  I had a wonderful evening, thank you ladies!

This is what I had partially 'cobbled together', having not been for a while, I couldn't think what to take, so I grabbed some card bases, layering panels and some die cuts, glue, and scissors.  I finished it off today with some gold foil accents, a sentiment and a few sequins.  Oh, yes, and a spritz of gold shimmer.  This is the card I ended up with.  Not my best work, but I will be better prepared next week!





On a side note, I am not happy with how my photographs come out now that I have had to move my light box, so I will be experimenting with different placements over the next few weeks, so please bear with me, and normal service will be resumed ASAP . . . I hope!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


17 comments:

  1. Your card is quite beautiful! I think your flowers are pretty and they are grounded so well on that pretty strip of gold. The sequins are placed nicely, I think you are being too hard on yourself! so glad you had fun at your stamping outing, I would be nervous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're now having time to enjoy a bit of crafty group therapy, and the scones sounded yummy. What discipline you have to say No to that! I loved your 'cobbled' card, and you should be very proud of it. The hallmarks of your superior design skills make it just as gorgeous as your other cards, and the flowers are beautiful. Love the gold grid 'trellis' that this pretty bouquet tops. Simple, CAS, Beautiful! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card Hazel and the trellis in the background goes beautifully and the little hints of gold with the foil on the fabulous flowers, and the sequins and sweet sentiment look great. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a great time with your friends!! What a wonderful way to spend an evening :) Your card is stunning!! I love the beautiful flowers!! The gold touches are perfect!! Simply gorgeous, my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you have time to play sounds so fun love your card top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was wonderful to have you back at our craft meeting we'd missed you x your card is absolutely beautiful dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a happy bunch over there Hazel. Your card is gorgeous I love it. Love the golden grid. Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how nice of you to get back to your crafty Wednesdays again. Much as I like my own space, it would be nice to have others to craft with once in a while, although, how much I'd get done would be debatable. I do talk a lot! I love your card, and especially how the flowers sit with that gold netting piece. Always hard to know what to take with you as we are so used to being able to take what we can from our own shelves :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Hazel! I really, really love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Hazel, I'm so glad you are able to get back together with this lovely group of ladies! I think it is good for you to get out and have this crafty time with them. Now I would not have been able to pass up those goodies though, you have a strong will my friend! What do you mean this card wasn't your best work?! I'm in awe that you made this gorgeous card with what you took with you! I think it is stunning and I am loving those flowers and the soft colors you used. The "trellis" is fabulous and perfect place for those gorgeous blooms! Wish I could come up with a card like this with minimal supplies! lol You did great my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, sounds like you had a rather lovely time with your new friends. How fun to have a group to craft with. Your card is as sweet as can be. Love your use of the trellis, so beautiful with your pretty posies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card turned out beautifully Hazel. How fun to finally have some creative time with sweet talented girl friends. I LOVE all your gold accents on your beautiful flower design. TFS Hugs....p.s. so happy your mum is doing so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Hazel! I had to follow your link from Petra's blog... so happy to see that darling smile of yours there! THIS card? Stunning, bright, beautifully stamped, and gilded! Good to see you crafting again, Hazel, and friends to craft with? what a gift!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad that you have manged to resume your get togethers Hazel. You did really well declining the cake and scones! Your card is so pretty and love the gold meshing and embellishments. I struggle with photography but have put it on my to do list. Yours is 'always' amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Same good news Hazel :-)) I am very happy that everything slowly returned to normal. I'm glad your mom is getting better and you have more time for yourself. I love your card and I am glad that now will have more time :-) It's fun to meet people, I'm glad that you did it. I have a nice weekend and nice crafting with friends.
    This card is beautiful!!
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy for you that you joined your crafting friends for some fun again, Hazel!!!!! And what a beautiful card you made!!!!! I absolutely love that gold grid and the touches of gold foiling on the flowers!!! The sentiment stamp is fitting so perfectly in it's place, being just the right size and a lovely font to compliment your flowers!!!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to know where that grid came from, Hazel... it's gorgeous - as is your card.
    Glad you got to go out and play again.
    Stay warm. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x