Friday 17 February 2017

Using Pre-Made Backgrounds For A Quick 'Fix' Card


Hi sweet friends!  As you all know, I am re-arranging my craft space and so, haven't had a great deal of actual crafting time, so I have been getting serious withdrawal symptoms.  While tidying up some of my drawers I saw a pile of background pieces that has been made at various times with various products and techniques, so I decided to make a quick card with one of them!  This is it!!




I remember making this one with re-inkers (I don't remember how I made them all, but I do remember this one as it was the latest one I made!)

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


11 comments:

  1. such a wonderful card, Hazel - that background is fantastic - i love having (or finding) stuff like that and making a quick card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Hazel. I think it would be a good idea to ALWAYS keep a little pile of pre-made backgrounds for last-minute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Hazel, any one of us would give anything to find something this gorgeous while reorganizing our craft rooms! And another WOW for the design you created which has lots of lovely details! I'm pinning this!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved tbe card ,blue on white with black looks very elegant !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty and love that blue background Hazel, and the white flowers and leaves with the black highlights,sentiment and black enamel dots, and the black and white striped right hand border too, give great contrast. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous watercoloured panel Hazel. Love the colours! And a beautiful design with the striped edging, flower spray and two-toned birthday sentiment. You are so talented and inspiring, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is an awesome background! I just love the bits of black and the card arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful background! Your black and white details really add interest, but keep the focus on that wonderful background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card, Hazel! Once you are done with the reorganizing you are going to have so much fun in your fabulous craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you love it when you can put a quick card together with those stashed away UFOs? This doesn't look a bit like a quick card. That makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Hazel ...wish I had a drawer where I could find such wonderful pieces!!!! Your bg looks absolutely amazing and you have used that stunning die you used for my card, too!!!! I love the B&W stripes on the side and the single black dot at the top!!!!! This is really beautiful and I love it a LOT!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x