Tuesday 2 August 2016

Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Masking A Scene


Hi all you lovely people.  August is here, all too quickly again, so it's time for another challenge over at Happy Little Stampers CAS and this time the challenge is to Mask A Scene . . . no groaning in the back there, I heard you, I also felt like groaning until I tried it!  Turns out it is easier than you think and it's a whole heap of fun too!  Added to that the kudos of everyone who doesn't know how easy it is thinking that you are a genius!!  If you pop on over there, you will see my fellow team members samples and some very helpful videos to help you with this.  


Also, don't forget there are added incentives with prizes from HLS who are sponsoring this challenge.

http://happylittlestampers.weebly.com/ 

Without further ado, here is the card and I will post instructions and supplies below.




First I took a plain, white card base - I forgot to say, this is actually a OLC - and I masked of a strip with masking tape (low tack, also placed on my arm a few times to remove even more of the stickiness).  Next, I punched a circle out of masking paper and adhered it where I wanted my sun to be.

Then I took Distress Ink in Scattered Straw and a jumbo dauber (I find those easier to use than the blending tools, but that is just me) and sponged very lightly around the circle mask, for the sun.

Next, I took some Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and lightly sponged an area above and below the sun.  The final piece of sponging was the ground area, which I did in DI Gathered Twigs.

The final touch to the scene was to stamp my images.  I used Versafine Black Onyx ink for that and stamped some grasses and birds from the Penny Black Natures Friends stamp set with a first generation and second generation stamping and also some grasses from the Stampin' Up Wetlands set.

When I had finished creating my little scene, I carefully removed the masking tape and stamped my sentiment, also from, the Stampin' Up Wetlands set.

There you have it, a very simple, one layer card that will make everyone think you are an artist!  You can also, mask off images and stamp over them to build up a scene too!  So, come and join in the fun and let us see what you have come up with . . . I can't wait to see them!  Have a crafty day!  Hazel xx

22 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and pretty Hazel and I love the colours and the birds and foliage stamp from PB adds a wonderful focal image. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Hazel!! Great job with the masking. Your scene is so beautiful and peaceful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just absolutely adore this card, Hazel!! It's one of my favorites of yours!! The inking is perfect!! I love the stamps you used!! This is so gorgeous!! I know I say this alot, but I wish I could do CAS like you!! Stunning my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful card Hazel - nice contrast between the soft colors and the black

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful little scene you created there, Hazel! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing, the scene you've created looks very serene. See you this Ewing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is simply perfect Hazel.
    Love it 100%.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this masked off scene! Your color combo is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderfully done, Hazel! spot on for the challenge - have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Hazel. When I saw your card is immediately reminded me of my most beautiful vacation years ago. You did something unusual on the card you illustrated my feelings. Peace, happiness and delight the moment. I love this card, because it is associated with my wonderful memories. You wonderfully masked panel to create this beautiful scene.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes you are a true artist x Gorgeous blending, masking and layout. Love how all the detail is mostly towards the bottom and just love this card x Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, Hazel. Beautiful, simplistic... Absolutely amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, soft and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the simplicity of this one, Hazel. The white space only adds to its beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply stunning, Hazel! Totally gorgeous masking and those soft colors, just awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your scene and card is stunning Hazel! I love the inks you used and the stamps. Yes, I agree, we always moan but really these little scene really are easier than one would think! Sorry I'm behind in commenting, trying to get caught up here! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful Hazel, such a lovely subtle scene too,just gorgeous !!!! ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card Hazel. What a pretty scene and such pretty colours. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did not believe in what I found in my mailbox today ... I received from Hazel precisely this card today!!! :-)))
    Picture does not reflect the whole beauty of this card! Surface card gently shimmer in the sunlight and creates a luminous glow. Looking at the card I literally feel relief that brings dusk after a hot day. This card is unusual, believe me. Looking at this card, I feel exactly like when my most beautiful holidays many years ago. It's a real magic ...! Hazel, finished a course of witchcraft?
    Hazel Thanks to you, this day has become a unusual, thank you very much, my friend.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thanks necessary Bozena sweet friend! I just sent it because you said it reminded you of a lovely holiday you once had, and I thought it might be a nice reminder. I'm glad it arrived safely! Enjoy! Hazel xx

      Delete
  20. Love this 'before sunset' scene, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x