Tuesday 23 August 2016

CAS Mix Up - August Challenge


Hello crafty friends!  What a beautiful day we are having here in the SW of the UK, which makes a change for this part of the world!  Are you all having good weather?  I know that I have been remiss lately with my card making, but I have been engrossed with 'pocket letters' , which means, of course, that there is a whole raft of different supplies I need to get . . . joking!!

As we are going to be away from any form of technology from next week until the end of September, I thought that I should get at least one card made before we go.  I do have my usual scheduled post ready, but that's it.  

So, with out further ado, I will introduce my card.  This is for the CAS Mix Up August Challenge, which calls for, stamping, sprays and your choice.

http://casmixup.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/cas-mix-up-august-reminder.html

My choice is, a die cut.  As always, details will be below the pics.





I don't know if this technically qualifies as 'spraying' as it was only water.  I hope so. 

As my Brushos have sat neglected since I bought them and tried them out the once, I thought I would get them out and have a play.

First, I took a piece of watercolour 'paper' and sprinkle some 'Leaf Green' and 'Turquoise' Brushos on to the piece and then sprayed with water, then I watched the magic happen.  I sprinkled a bit more in places that seemed to be missed and tilted the paper around, to get the Brushos moving.  Just before it was completely dry, I sprinkled a little more and sprayed sparingly with a little more water.  Then I left it to dry.

I liked how the piece turned out, so I didn't want to cover it up too much, so I chose a die cut that would not obscure too much of the background.  I adhered the Brusho panel flat to a slightly textured card base, adhered the die cut and stamped the sentiment with two different colour pigment inks.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


21 comments:

  1. love the background you did with the Brushos - wonderful card! i must get going and do a card for this challenge today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always brings a smile to my face when one of your blog posts pops in...Absolutely fabulous card today. Love the Brusho background and yes they are magical and more than often bring an unexpected result! The white die is so perfect, as is the sentiment. Thank you for sharing this beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... LOVE this card Hazel. Those two colours of Brushos are so perfect together. Love the way you have moved them around your piece. Perfect with a simple white die-cut. Using water sprays is awesome for our spray challenge ... thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at CAS Mix Up. And have a wonderful holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very pretty! I love those white leaves on the background. Fantastic Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Hazel and I'm glad it got you using your Brushos. I think my Infusions will also be used like this to create some card backgrounds. See you soon dear friend for our coffee rendezvous.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely gorgeous! I love how the Brusho background turned out. I keep seeing inspiration for using pigment powders, but am holding off for a bit longer. I need to rearrange my craft room before I can fit much more into it! Have another great holiday. Would love to see some of your pocket page layouts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous beauty Hazel.
    Enjoy your time off.
    Hugs veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Hazel, I haven't tried Brushos yet but every time I see them used I love the effects so much that I long to give them a try. I think the white die cut flower looks gorgeous over the top too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say have a wonderful time but it is probably a bit late by now. It just suddenly struck me so came back to add it! x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful background, Hazel. The white contrast is fantastic.
    Have a lovely night. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Brushos background Hazel. Water definitely qualifies as a spray technique. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, Hazel, this is absolutely gorgeous!! You definitely need to use your Brushos more...you use them perfectly!! The colors are beautiful!! I love the die cut you used!! It looks absolutely stunning my friend! Love, love it!! Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!! You'll be missed while you're away!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful Brusho background, Hazel! I'm glad you didn't cover it up too much and that beautiful sentiment is a perfect fit! I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time away. You will be missed! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful color choices for the fab brushos. They truly are magic, and worked so beautifully with the wonderful shape of this white branch die. Absolutely Fab-u-loso! I'll have to give CAS a miss this month. Glad you are going out for another little trip, so have loads of fun. Will try to do some browsing but I'm woefully behind on commenting. TFS & Thanks for the good wishes sent my way. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That white die cut looks absolutely stunning against your wonderful Brusho background
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have another fabulous trip -- see you on your return :) -- Awesome background BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card, Hazel! I have some Brushos, and I NEED to get them out and play with them some more. They are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's just beautiful,Hazel! Amazing watercolor! Did you write the ...for you.....or is that a stamp. I hope you have a great trip. My hands are so sore from making so many tiny notebooks ,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful mix of colours in your brushos background! Perfect for the white die cut. Nice balance with the large sentiment in that great font. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another super card Hazel, love the colours you used and that pretty die. Love the sentiment too, daren't ask what it is as I have ordered far too much already....so don't tell me ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the 'Outstanding Design' with this beauty...So very well deserved x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x