Friday 2 September 2016

Happy Little Stampers September CAS Challenge - Watercolour Spritzing



Another month gone and we are rapidly spinning towards another Christmas!  This means that it is time for yet another CAS challenge over on the Happy Little Stampers blog and this one is for watercolour spritzing 

.
As always, Happy Little Stampers are sponsoring the challenge, so there is a prize up for grabs!

I will post the pictures first and then explain the technique I used after the picture (there are also some useful videos linked on the HLS blog to show you how).  This is the card.





This was actually a one layer card.  I took my Penny Black 'Bejewelled' stamp and coloured it with water based markers and then spritzed it a few times with clean water and then just stamped it down on to the card front - the more you spritz with water, the more you spritz, the more the detail is softened and can look like an impressionist painting - you can't really get this technique 'wrong'.  I left the stamp on the card for a few seconds to allow the ink to absorb into the card-stock.

I then stamped my sentiment from a Stampin' Up set, called 'Blooms &Wishes'.  I finished off the card with a few flicks of ink on a paintbrush and a few drops of 'Crystal Effects' by Stampin' Up.

That's it, a very quick and simple card that you can make in a hurry.  Why not join us and have some fun with it . . . it's very addictive!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


14 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous Hazel.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Bejewelled stamp is beautiful Hazel and I love the colours you have used, and with just a bit of water the outline has kept its shape but has just softened the finished result a little. Fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Hazel!! Wow!! I love the image!! It truly looks like an impressionist painting!! The colors are fabulous!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect. LOVE the colours and the watercolour spritz effect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Interesting technique to achieve artistic look ! I loved the quick card a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Hazel. I love the colours and the splatters... and that sentiment is just perfect.
    My PB stamps should finally arrive this week... then I can have a play, too :)
    Have a good evening. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Hazel...love those fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make this technique sound so easy....You truly have mastered it and love the colours and the effect you get is amazing....clever and so effective x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hazel,
    your card is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen done in this technique. It looks as if it was made of living plants embossed Big Shot. I love your card.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is master piece, Hazel! The flower looks hand painted and that water colored feel... Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So artistic, Hazel! Your flower is gorgeous! I'm just getting back into blogging and wanted to come over to say hello, hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look. The perfect image for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x