Monday 26 September 2016

Back . . . But Not Crafting Yet!


Hi my lovely friends!  As you will tell by the title of this post, I am back!  However, I am unable to craft. blog or visit your lovely blogs for a little while . . . I shall explain.

As most of you will know, my dear Mum is 90 years old and her health is very up and down.  When we arrived back home (after only a few hours), I received a phone call from a lady at the hair salon that my mother goes to once a week and she told me that mum wasn't very well and could we pick her up.  We rushed straight out.  The hairdresser said that she didn't think that mum had been drinking as she was very slurred in her speech and unsteady on her feet.

A little history here, Mum as a week bladder, only one working kidney and a prolapsed womb (all of which, has the inevitable results of, when she needs to go, it is a matter of urgency, otherwise accidents will happen (of course this is very distressing for her), so, she will not drink (figuring, that if she doesn't drink, she won't need to 'go'), she doesn't grasp the implications of not taking on enough fluid.  When I am around to keep on top of things she is fine, but when I am not around (and only ringing her from Spain, she fibs and tells me she is drinking, so that she doesn't 'get into trouble' with me.

I brought her home with me and started the process of getting some liquid into her.  I also discovered that she had had a couple of falls (she also has one ulcerated leg and Cellulitis in the other, so she is very unsteady on her feet).  The long and short of all this is, she has been taken into hospital and I am now on my way to see her and find out exactly what has gone on.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of some 'pocket letter' embellishments I made before we went off to Spain and an apology to say, I won't be around for a while and will be unable to visit and comment.  I just want to thank you all for taking the time to visit and comment, even when you know I am unable to return the compliment!  It means so much . . . thank you!







  
The little notebooks were made with some lovely flock paper that I have had in my stash for years, they are very tactile!

If this has been a 'rambling, garbled' post, once again, I apologise!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


16 comments:

  1. Oh dear, how distressing for both your mum and for you, not entirely sure at what point normally sane rational people forget that drinking water IS SO IMPORTANT and that dehydration is potentially dangerous. I know several "older folk" who have the same problem as your mum and who, just like your mum, think that not drinking is the way forward .... and then wonder why people treat them as a little bit bonkers when they ramble incoherently without realising why. Best to crack open the incontinence pants and keep drinking!!! You have my sympathy and I wish you luck with finding a solution.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Mom's health ,I wish her a speedy recovery ! We can understand that your Mom is your top priority now and its okay if you are not visiting blog or commenting !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hazel, I hope your Mum is OK. Don't worry about anything until she is better! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Hazel! Sorry to hear that your Mum is in the hospital, hope she will be better soon! Don't worry about not visiting or commenting - family comes first! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so sorry to hear about your mom - i know how difficult it is as have been there - will be praying for both of you. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back.....almost ;) -- Sending prayers for your mom and you. It is so hard when our parents start having difficulties~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel you will be most definitely missed, but you just take care of Mum, and yourself ... we will wait for as long as it takes! Big hugs, and I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers ...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel,
    I wish good health to you and your mother. I hope that soon we will be much better and face all the problems. Thank you for sharing with us your story.
    I look forward to your next beautiful card. Presented little things are so cute! Have a restful week.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just take care Hazel. Hope you get things sorted out with your Mum. It must be a great worry for you. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel, thank you for stopping in to let us know what is going on. I have been wondering and thinking of you. I send my best wishes that your mom will recover. My heart goes out to her and to you, too. Lots and lots of hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel I know how stressful this must be on you I have had similar issues with my 87 year old mom and dad. I hope all goes well for you. For me I know crafting helps me to destress

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you have come back to find your Mum is not so good Hazel and hope that she will soon be back on an even keel. What a fabulous selection of pocket letter makes and the flock notebook covers are beautiful too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear of your mother's heath issues. She definitely needs to be first in your life right now. Don't worry about your followers. We'll be here when you are able to return, and many, many of us will be sending you and your mum our best wishes and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope everything is going fine and that being in the hospital, they will have her back to feeling better soon. Take care and praying for your Mom to be better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been missed, my lovely friend. X
    Hope things are improving with your mum... I do understand her wonky logic, bless her!
    Wishing you all the best. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to have to check out those pocket cards! I'm so sorry your Mum is not doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x