Saturday 6 August 2016

CAS Mix Up CAS Challenge - August


Hello lovely crafters.  I hope your weekend has gotten off to a good start!  Mine has, I have been in my craft room (attic) today, as I wanted to get a card made for the August challenge over at one of my favourite challengs CAS Mix Up  where Loll, Bonnie and the team want to see, stamping, sprays and 'your choice'.

http://casmixup.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/cas-mix-up-august-challenge.html

As per usual.  I will post the pictures first and then, for those who wish, I will have the details below the pictures.  Here it is then.





First, I knew that I wanted to try an ombre effect with my spraying, so I laid a panel on the floor on a large, wipe-clean surface and got out my spray - made with a tiny drop of Imagination Crafts 'Starlights' paint in a Mini Mister, topped up with water, and sprayed, low to the floor from the bottom, so that the spray was more concentrated there and getting progressively less towards the top.

Whilst that panel was drying, I sprayed a stencil with the same spray and then used it for the stencil mono-print technique - using the sprayed stencil like a stamp on to the white card base.

When both were dry, I cut a scalloped rectangle a bit larger than my focal panel out of vellum and adhered that directly to the card base, then mounted the sprayed panel on top of that with craft foam.

I finished it off with some heat embossed butterflies that I had cut out individually from a large, Memory Box stamp called, 'Flutterings'.  I had seen other people do the same thing and Loll herself has done it before and I loved the idea!

Finally, I cut the greeting out of some foiled packaging that almost matched the embossing, and that was it my friends!  Job done!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply to you via e-mail.


22 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Hazel and love the shimmer of the paint you used. The sprayed stencil also works well in the background, and the pretty gold embossed butterflies and the complementary sentiment go beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely stunning card Hazel. A beautiful hombre effect and the vellum on that lovely background is a lovely addition. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm back from holidays so catching up :) I love the ombré effect and the gold embossed sentiment. It's beautifully put together and the butterflies are so pretty. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely Hazel - wonderful colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, but this is gorgeous, Hazel! I love your sprayed panel and the bricks behind. They look curved and give added "texture"! Those butterflies are so elegant with the gold! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the texture from your ombre sprayed background Hazel. I bet it is really shimmery in real life with using the Starlights paint. And great background with the stencil monoprint. The vellum layer is subtle, but adds just a little something special. Love the heat and fussy-cut butterflies that you've left white ... so perfect over the pink background. Great job, my friend!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can see that you are an expert "sprayer", Hazel! That you achieved an ombre look just like you had planned! I played with sprays myself today (finally spent some time in my crafty corner) and found that it was very hard to control where it went. Don't have a finished card yet... Love yours!
    Have a marvelous Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft ombre effect and those butterflies look gorgeous in the gold. Glad to hear your weekend is going well my friend - we have Savannah with us this weekend keeping us on our toes lol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do so enjoy reading how you do your gorgeous projects. I enjoy learning. Such a pretty and delicate card with fun techniques. I have bought and tried making some sprays from the paint, as you very kindly suggested and don't they look fabulous? ...so shiny and so wow x Loving the ombre effect you created, I shall have to practice more. Good idea too to cut the flutterings from the larger stamp...which is on my list after seeing Loll use it too. Thanks for the inspiration, the tips and for sharing this beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, Hazel, this is stunning!! The sprayed stencil printing looks amazing!! I love the gorgeous butterflies and the gold!! This is so beautiful my friend!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty !! Loved the ombre spray effect n the monoprint .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this pretty, gently effect.
    Way to go, Hazel. Another beauty of a card. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a gorgeous ombre card, and I enjoyed reading about the creation of the background. Your technique worked beautifully to create what you had in mind. Also love the golden butterflies and the vellum scalloped matting. Nice subtle design on the background piece behind the vellum too. It's a delicate look, very airy. Perfect for the CAS MU challenge. TFS & Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Hazel,
    I love this card! I love the lightness and delicacy. The great inspiration.
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    I hope you had a nice weekend. I wish that the coming week brought a lot of inspiration.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is totally delightful Hazel, loving the ombre effect you created - how clebver, I must give that a try although I don't have those paints. Using the sprayed stencil as a stamp works so perfectly on your card.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me lovely comments, I do so appreciate them. Hoping to see you again soon by new friend.

    hugs
    wynneth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Hazel, love the background with the bricks.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness . . . this is lovely Hazel. Love the explanation of the techniques used too. Thanks! Great ombre spraying . .. I'm seriously impressed.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got a beautiful ombre effect with the spray Hazel! I love this card! I also love that you did some stenciling with your sprays on the card base itself, that looks really good. Loving those sweet embossed butterflies as well. You got another hit on your hands here Hazel!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful Hazel, the highlights of gold add so much to the overall design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous card, Hazel! I just love that ombre affect you achieved by spraying color. It's so delicate and sets off the butterflies beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So Soft and pretty Hazel. I love your colors, background and beautiful gold embossed butterflies. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I love this - all the soft pink, both for the focal panel and the great stencil monoprint! Perfect with a touch of gold and white in the butterflies and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x