Friday 19 August 2016

Now For Something Completely Different

Hello crafty buddies!  I hope you are all well and have had a great week so far.  I have been a little quiet of late, because I have been fascinated by some You Tube videos - I know, that's not different - well, no, but what I have been watching is different from the usual card making videos that I normally watch (although I have still watched them too).  No, my friends, I have been fascinated by something new - to me - that is 'Pocket Letters'.

Now, one of the videos (can't remember which, I watched so many) whereby the person showed how to make mini notebooks and I fell in love with the cuteness of them.  They are tiny 2.5"x 3.5" notebooks and were so easy, that I had to have a go!  I made six, and I will show you them and then of course tell you how they were made.

First, I will just show you the one, close up, and then all six together.




Aren't they adorable?  The person who made them on YT used patterned paper, but I wanted to 'glam them up' a bit and used glitter card.  They can also be adorned with embellishments!

First, you take a piece of card-stock or patterned paper which you cut to 5"x 3.5" and fold in half (I also rounded each corner, but that part is optional).

Next, you take some copy paper and cut to 4.75"x 3.25".  I used eight, which, when folded in half, gives sixteen pages (again, I rounded the corners).

Next, gather them all together neatly, with the cover on the bottom, hold all securely with a couple of paper grips and staple with two staples, one at the top and one at the bottom of the 'spine', as they aren't very thick, they will go through easily.

Remove the clips and fold, et voilĂ !  Now decorate as required.  They are ideal to keep in a handbag/purse for quick notes!

Have a wonderful weekend my friends!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


20 comments:

  1. Fab idea, great stocking filler too .. dare I say it?!?!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are absolutely fabulous!!! I love them - such a clever idea and they look really easy to do. Perfect for little gifts. I love little notebooks! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun use for the glitter card! Super cute little notebooks! It is fun to do something a little different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea. Loving all the bling and the rounded corner. Thank you for sharing this fun and gorgeous project and for the inspiration. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. darling little notebooks Hazel - looks like fun and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh Hazel these look so pretty, I love the gold one esp.Love how you used sparkly glitter card too. Enjoy your weekend my friend ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever and fun. Love your glammed up version Hazel. I have to make some of these! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, they look so fabulous my friend!! I love the sparkly papers you used!! I'm intrigued and off to find a video to watch on how to make them!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty Hazel and I love the glitter card covers and would definitely be great at Christmas time. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so sweet Hazel! They would be great as party favors! I have made about 15 or so mini notepads this week - once I started I found them quite addictive to make! Yours are super pretty though, it's nice to make something other than a card isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very glamourous notebooks. It's always nice to try something different. Have a wonderful weekend dear friend and I look forward to seeing you Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What perfect miniature blingy objects of delight Hazel! They will be ideal as table favours for parties etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems doable ! Loved the glam look :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know you like to watch YTV ,I have seen a lot of the pocket letters and think,they would be fun ,but never sure what for:) . I love all your pretty notebooks ! I know seven little granddaughters they would love to be able to come over and just grab one anytime they came over....so I might be making a few. Thank you for the instructions! I'm going to YT now......hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have made a few of these over the years, but never with the pretty glitter papers

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such sweet little notebooks, Hazel! Perfect for a purse. I may have to give them a go. I always keep a little notebook in my purse, because I never know when my crafting muse will whisper an idea in my ear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, NOW they look great and your description of how to make them is perfect, THANK YOU. Might have a bash at them myself!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sure look adorable Hazel and love the glitter.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now aren't these just adorable? So sweet, Hazel. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are adorable, and what super little gifts they would make. YOur instructions make them seem do-able for a fumble fingers like myself. I love that you used the glitter paper to glam them up as well. Aren't you the clever one to do this! TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x