Saturday 2 April 2016

Happy Little Stampers CAS April Challenge - Stencil Monoprinting


Hi folks, well, that's another month gone!  That means we have a brand new challenge for you all, over at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge and this month it is for 'Stencil Monoprinting' . . . never heard of it?  No?  Well head on over there and watch the videos on the subject and see the other members of the design team's terrific examples.  


As always, Kylie is sponsoring this challenge which means there are prizes to be won from the HLS shop!

 For my card this month, I used a stencil, cut for me by my very kind friend Loll and a stamp & die set from WPlus9 called, 'Sunshine Layers'.

First, I lay the stencil down on my craft mat and used my Delicata Ink Pad to ink it up, then I very lightly sprayed with gold spritz.  Next, I lay my focal layer on top of the stencil, face down and rubbed all over the back with my fingers to get an impression. 
The ‘texture dots’ you see are just the effect that water in the gold spritz  has when sprayed on the Delicata Gold ink (it’s a metallic pigment ink)  As that was drying I cut a layer of black card-stock just a bit bigger than my focal layer and the 'Sunshine' die cut out of the same black card-stock.

When the focal layer was dry I mounted it on to the black mat and mounted that on top of the base card.  Finally, I stamped the other part of the sentiment on to a piece of white card-stock, another slightly larger piece of black card-stock and finally mounted it on to the focal piece with foam tape for dimension.

This is my card, unfortunately, as always, it was impossible to catch the glimmer & shimmer that is on the card in real life :(






I hope that gives you some inspiration and we can't wait to see what you all come up with.  Have a wonderful day!  Thanks for stopping by.  Hazel xx

22 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like an amazing technique. I absolutely love the sun and it is spectacular in gold and with the black sentiment. Stunning work. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Hazel! I'll bet it's even prettier IRL! It can't help but make folks smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, Hazel. I like that bold sunray (and the inner portion looks like you flocked it too! so great texture) and I adore that bold dimensional sentiment. My efforts at paste & stencil were not the greatest yesterday. Hope you're having a good wkend, and this looks great. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it's absolutely stunning, Hazel!! I love the technique you used!! The rays look amazing!! Gorgeous card my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stencil monoprint - hmm, that is a new one for me, too! Love how your sun came out! This beautiful card will brighten someones day for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card. Great to combine colors and I'm sure that the card shines like a real sun.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cool card Hazel - that sun stencil in gold is fantastic and the black sentiment is perfect accent - have a good rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card would brighten anyone's day. I know it brightened mine. :) Love it, Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great Hazel, so bright.
    Happy sunday, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooohhhh.....love the delicata gold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the artsy look of the gold spray with a CAS card! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is a fabulous card Hazel! I have never done this technique (or lots others either!) but I am loving you got yours to turn out! I watched the video on this and none of the samples had the texture dots yours has. I love how it looks! Love the gold you used too, need me some of that for sure. I love the sun so much in the summer. It helps my joints feel better. lol But I also love the sun because it is yellow and to me yellow is such a happy color. Love your bold sentiment as well. I'm sure this card will certainly lift someone's spirits! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, well done, Hazel! This is gorgeous and all that sunshine on this cloudy day is making me smile!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning beauty Hazel. Great take on the monoprint stencil technique and a wonderful card. Thanks for the opportunity to guest design at HLS this month Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the effect of the gold shimmer mist on the gold delicata ink. So cool!! Fantastic card Hazel. That bold sentiment die is awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is terrific Hazel, I just love that sunshine die and layered like that it packs quite a punch!
    FAB!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely stunning, Hazel! Those gold sunbeams are amazing. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!! I love this design .... such a happy card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a striking card, my friend!!!! That sun looks awesome and the sentiment is just perfect!!! I really like the black frame to have everything pop wonderfully!!! What a great card!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful effect...beautiful card, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous card Hazel (so many I have missed!!), loving the stencil...I have it too but not used it yet of course (hangs head in shame) ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Got here in the end, so sorry I'm late!
    This is fabulous, Hazel. Executed beautifully and the black border really lifts the whole design xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x