Sunday 24 April 2016

Hybrid Sunday


Hello everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! 

As I decided last week that I would make Sunday's my 'play-day', today I decided to design a hybrid card for something a little different to my 'norm'.  I have done it many many times before, but not for a very long time, but as I had purchased those fabulous flower graphics from the 'Creative Market' and adored working with them (they are so stunning) on my header and signature, I decided that they would be fabulous used on a card.

I designed the card front, sentiment and the patterned paper by sampling one of the colours from the graphic, printed it out on to smooth white card-stock - the one I always use to make my cards - and took it to my craft room.

I adhered the patterned panel to a white card base - the same as I used to print the card front and patterned card - and fussy cut the corner around the graphics.  Then, I adhered the card front, that I had cut a bit smaller to allow the patterned piece to show, using craft foam.

I finished off with some of my home made dew drops. 

It takes me as long, if not longer, to design and make a hybrid card than a 'usual'.  Here is the card.





I hope you all had some fun too!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


20 comments:

  1. This is really wonderful. . . So colourful. Love the corner cut away xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes enjoyed my fun day too...Thank you for stopping by my blog xx Such a pretty card today, beautiful floral image and gorgeous layout. Elegant card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hazel, how fabulous! Totally gorgeous flowers and what a great card design too.

    LOVE the fresh and clean look of your blog - plus the header and the pretties underneath you signature :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card - great design Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the beautiful flowers!! They look amazing!! Stunning card my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so pretty! Love that you even designed your own matching patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful, Hazel! You definitely have designing talent!! The flowers are all the more lovely because of how you have designed this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so beautiful! I love that you used the flowers from your header to make this. Very striking. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel ,this is stunning! I love the way you designed this card and the stripes are always gorgeous with blooms. I kinda make Monday my craft day , or at least try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello lovely friend :)
    Love your hybrid card idea... and what a lovely sentiment, too. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel....this is one fabulous card. Just love your beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Love the cut away corner and colours. Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous card Hazel, both the sentiment and the image are beautiful and the patterned panel brings the whole design together. Can I ask which smooth white cardstock you use as I'm trying to find one that I'll like at the moment. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the ones that I print, I use Color Copy 300 gsm laser card from Staples, it's as smooth as silk and a bright white!

      Delete
    2. I'll make a note of that for when I'm next near Staples. Would this card be suitable for Copic/Promarker colouring or would you suggest something else for that?

      Delete
    3. I have never tried it with Copics, I don't have any (too expensive for me), so I'm afraid, I can't advise on that one - maybe someone here could pop in with and answer for you - sorry :(

      Delete
  14. WOW, your card looks amazing, Hazel!!! I love those beautiful flowers and the fine stripes in the corner!!! The colours are so beautiful and the sentiment is really special!!! And I love the dew drops!!!! This is really beautiful, my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful day!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't understand it one bit but it does look stunning Hazel.
    Love this card if it's not it sure does look water coloured.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, and aren't you clever to be able to do this with the graphics in your pretty new blog. (I thought I recognized the talents of our friend Loll!) This looks just spectacular, and so does your new 'look'. You talented ladies make a winning team, fer sure! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing card Hazel, just adore the pretty flowers too, how clever. Love the graphics and your pretty blog. I intend to mix my graphics and do some inkiness on a card soon......I just get side tracked!!! we seem to think along the same lines at times I think lol ;)...are you into shabby chic yet?...I seem to be for some reason. Still not made any dewdrops yet either...oh the shame ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x