Friday 8 April 2016

CAS Mix Up Challenge #2 Take Two


Happy Friday everyone . . . the weekend is on it's way (time whizzes past way too fast for me nowadays - age, I suppose).  Anywho, my card today is another for Loll & Bonnie's CAS Mix Up Challenge  which states that you need to use, stamping, stencilling and whatever you choose yourself . . . and, of course, it needs to be CAS.

http://casmixup.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/cas-mix-up-april-challenge.html

Again, I will show the card first and then describe how I made it below the pictures.





The first thing I did was to make a watercolour panel with three different blue inks by blending, drying and finally water-marking with water.  Then whilst that was drying I took a white card base and a stencil and spread a little white embossing  paste on to the left hand side of the card, because I knew I wanted to put my focal piece to the right, then I let that dry.

When the watercolour panel was dry, I ran it through my Big Shot with a stitched tag die.  Then I used a hole punch and made a hole in the top of the tag.

The next thing I did, was to stamp in Versamark an image on to the tag with a Stampin' Up stamp from the 'Garden Silhouettes' set and heat emboss in white.

Then I made a 'tassel' with some twine and attached it to the tag.  I adhered the tag to the card base with foam tape, cut a 'thanks' die cut out of foam and a piece of white card and mounted that to the tag to finish!

That's it for today my friends!  Have a very lovely weekend!

20 comments:

  1. Looks just fab, love your design

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Hazel! LOVE every element you've added to this card. They work in harmony to create one beautiful piece of art-in-a-card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue background, there's just so much texture to it. Beautiful white details, I especially like that great tassel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the embossed stencil background is perfect for you pretty blue tag - and the tassel is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful watercolor tag, Hazel! Your water drops add so much interest and so does the subtle stenciling beside the tag! A whole lot of awesomeness here, my friend! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is stunning, Hazel!! I love the beautiful blue and the white embossed image!! It's absolutely gorgeous my friend!! I love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your card, there is so much interest to draw the eye. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Hazel I so love this, thanks for your explanation too.
    Hugs, Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it - so much going on but in a nice simple way, so it's CAS. Love all the different elements, especially the hint of embossing paste to the side of the tag. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much here to love :) The watercolored background is so bright and vibrant and I love that you flicked a bit of water on it to give it a textured look. Then the white embossed stem and the white die cut sentiment just jump up and says "look at me!" The embossing paste and the cool tassle just finish this off perfectly for me. What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly a lovely card, Hazel. Love that blue background and the additional texture you added with the embossing paste. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do so love this card. The colours are fabulous and loving the water coloured/blended background. The stenciling sets it all off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Hazel! that looks amazing. Loving the blue and the watercolouring, so lovely my friend ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Hazel...what an incredible back drop for you white flowers, that blue is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another winner Hazel! I love this mix media CAS card. The tag is simply fabulous with the watercolor background! Love your stenciling with the paste and love the image embossed in white. Just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love that cute little tassel, Hazel!!! The watercoloured tag is really beautiful with the white embossed image on the lovely blues!!! And I love the bit of texture from the stencilling with the embossing paste!!! So beautiful, my friend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super work. LOVE this MM tag card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card has such an interesting look due to the varied techniques used. Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful SU image, Hazel.
    How come you never run out of craft room???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x