Tuesday 2 February 2016

Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge


 Hi my crafty friends!  WOW!  The first month of the year, gone, already!  That means that this is a new start to the second month of 2016 and another CAS challenge over at Happy Little Stampers CAS

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2016/02/hls-february-cas-challenge.html 

This month it is Embossing Folder Stamping, and again, HLS are sponsoring this challenge!





This is my card





I used an X-Cut 'Parquet Floor' EF for the stamping and some soft pink pigment inks.  First I took the ink pads straight to the embossing folder and spread a little around, softened the edges a bit with a baby wipe and sprayed lightly with a mist of water. 

Next, I lay the panel face down on to the inked EF and pressed on the back of the card-stock - I find it easier to control where the image goes that way - spritzed again lightly with some pearlised mist spray then put it aside to dry.  Whilst it was drying I die cut my butterfly layers out of a 'smooshed' piece of card and plain white card and layered them together.

When my piece was dry, I die cut it with one of my favourite layer dies, WPlus9 'Sunshine Layers' and adhered it to my base card.  Then I added my butterfly and my sentiment with foam tape and to tie in the pop of black I added some black 'enamel' dots.

Why not pop on over to HLS and see what my fellow design team members have come up with for your inspiration this month and join in this fun challenge.  Please remember to keep your entries CAS.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with.  Have a wonderful month of crafting bliss!  Hazel xx

23 comments:

  1. Hazel this is absolutely gorgeous! What more can I say. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such an amazing yet simple technique - I have got to try this! Your card is gorgeous. Such soft colours. And I've just bought the sunshine layers die - can't wait to have a play with it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty in pink! Its fabulous to be GDT with you guys this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely background colors and card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely - have to give this technique a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so absolutely gorgeous, Hazel!! The pink is beautiful!! I love the butterfly and background!! Stunning my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Hazel! This is an amazing card. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and soft! Love that technique and hope to find time play along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card -- I popped over and this technique is so fun [and easy!] -- I will be playing along [I hope] :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh this is sooo pretty Hazel, loving the pink too of course.I was just looking at this challenge when I spotted your card ! Been a while since I used this technique, I must have a go ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicacy and elegance! Great card. I love the beautifully cut panel tab adds a lot of charm.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty, Hazel :)
    Do I spy your handmade dots???
    Take care, my friend. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Hazel, super gorgeous. Hugs, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, this looks wonderful, Hazel!!! Love your stunning bg and the fabulous butterfly!!! The soft pinks are beautiful and the scalloped edges really frames everything wonderfully!!! Such a beautiful card, my friend!!!
    Have a great afternoon/evening!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, Hazel, this absolutely beautiful! Stunning butterfly on the very delicate background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so elegant, feminine, and flawlessly executed, Hazel! It is dreamy and I adore it!! (I also LOVED your CC in the last post in those warm yellows and golds!!) Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you explained about the background creation, as it is just lovely & soft. A different technique to try out! Loved the color pattern carried over, into the colors of the butterfly's wings. It's just very beautiful & elegant. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Hazel, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the soft pink with white embossing, and your scalloped/stitched panel is just beautiful! Such an elegant take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, Hazel, this is stunning! Love the soft pink and partial stamping! The pretty smooshed butterfly is so perfect for this background! Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so soft and pretty, Hazel. Love it!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great stamping Hazel, the effect you have achieved is really subtle!
    FAb card.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Hazel, this is stunning! I love how you did your background with the embossing folder, love that butterfly and always love your black/white sentiments. The black enamel dots finishes off this card perfectly. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is stunning! Wow, I love the soft pink and pretty frames!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x