Sunday 21 February 2016

Colour Q Challenge #329


Today, my card is for a new challenge (to me), as I loved the inspiration photo when I saw it and for once, an idea popped into my head immediately.  This is that photo and it is the Colour Q Challenge #329

http://colourq.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/colourq-challenge-329.html

Isn't it wonderful?  So many possibilities!  As soon as I saw it, I knew what papers I wanted to use and what layout I wanted to do . . . don't-cha just love it when that happens?

Here is the card I made for it.





I used some pieces of patterned paper that I have in my stash (a Stampin' Up one I believe), then added a smaller panel on to the card front with foam and adhered the Scribble Heart from Sizzix and stamped the Mama Elephant, 'Everyday Greetings' sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are having a lovely Sunday!  I will be back later as I have another design in mind for this challenge!  See you soon!  Hazel xx

16 comments:

  1. A fabulous take on the challenge! The PP is perfect for it and I really love that scribbly heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Hazel. I recently got those dies and have only used the heart once. I love the black and white with the red and the design is very contemporary. That's a great sentiment too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome Hazel. Will go there and have a look.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hazel, this is a fabulous take on the inspiration photo! I love that scribble heart die, so pretty and just pops against the black and white. Love the panel too, such a cool graphic design. Such a great take on that plate! But it is that sentiment that I fell in love with. lol Perfect! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so gorgeous!! I love the heart!! It looks amazing!! The colors are fabulous my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the patterned paper and that fantastic heart! Awesome sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am writing about both of the stunning and fantastic cards you submitted for this week's ColourQ challenge. Love the pops of red on both, and how you have such great graphic designs for your black and white portions. Thanks for playing along, times two, this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely a winner in my book, Hazel! I just oohed and aahed when I saw it in the gallery!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card using the image! I love that sketchy heart. It's very stylish. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so FABULOUS, Hazel!!! What a wonderful card - love the paper strips on the side and the bright red heart is so striking and simply beautiful, my friend!!!! What a great sentiment, too!!! WOW, this is a winner!!! LOVE it!!!
    Have a great week!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply stunning dear Hazel! Great take on the inspiration photo! Love that beautiful heart die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous design. I can see why these papers popped into your head when you saw the challenge ... awesome inspiraton! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Hazel. The graphic images of the vertical stripe are a wild match with that scribble heart - but a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card and the whole design! You have rocked it Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on your HM at ColourQ - wonderful card and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x