Friday 5 February 2016

Ombré Snowflake & Snippets


Hi everyone, today's card is another one for Pixie's Snippets Playground #214  as I have used a snippet of blue foil card, a snippet of glitter card and a snippet of white card (all used for the sentiment layers), it is almost a one layer card - depending on whether you call the sentiment another layer.

I wanted to try an ombré  effect with the only stencil I have managed to cut successfully on my machine.  I must practice more, because my dear friend Loll - Stamping With Loll - has had great success and she very kindly sent me four that she had generously cut for me - which is what has prompted my to try again (but until you get the pressure correct, the blade depth right, the tackiness of the mat perfect and the speed just right, you waste an awful lot of material)

Anywho, I purchased the stencil file from 'Fred She Said' and stencilled three shades of ink, darkest at the bottom, a slightly lighter one for the middle and the lightest at the top and finished it off with the layered sentiment and some of the home made 'enamel dots' that I blogged about the other day!

Here are the pictures






Thank you for popping by today and for any comments you leave, I do appreciate them and reciprocate where possible.  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

17 comments:

  1. So SOft n Elegant ,Loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Hazel the card looks so fabulous. I love that colour combo and great stencilling too. Got my beads now but still not tried baking them!!! not feeling great atm....a cold and wrist swollen etc etc. arghh! Thanks for your continued lovely comments...much appreciated my friend. Have a lovely weekend ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty Hazel - very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hazel! This is beautiful - so soft and gentle, just like a snowflake should be!

    Thanks for coming to play again!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ... this is amazing. I LOVE the your stenciled ombre snowflake --- so pretty! The black accents really pop against that soft blue. I LOVE your designs, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Hazel! I love the soft stenciling and I am most impressed that you cut the stencil yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! The ombre effect is great! Lucky you to have one of Loll's stencils. I've been afraid to even try to cut a stencil on the cameo (I have enough trouble with just paper!). Good for you at keeping on to try to be successful, and you will be! Well done on the pretty snowflake stenciling. Great use of your snippets too!TFS & Have a good wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous ombre stenciling -- gorgeous color combo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, it's stunning, Hazel!! The ombre effect looks amazing!! That black just pops!! Absolutely gorgeous card my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ombre effect you've achieved and well done getting this pretty stencil cut. It's a lovely fresh icy looking card Hazel. A super card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I adore the softness of the ombré effect and with that dark sentiment to stand out. Just lovely! Have a great weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super gorgeous Hazel. Hugs, Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your ombre snowflake is gorgeous from every angle!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Anyone who cuts their own stencils is FAB in my book. This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, this looks FANTASTIC, my friend!!!! I love, love, LOVE it!!! What a lovely stencil you have cut and the snowflake really looks awesome with the subtle sponging!!!! The sentiment and the enamel dots work wonderfully in black and I love how you have done the matting of the sentiment!!! This is such a stunning card, Hazel!!! WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!
    Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon, my friend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to say you were definitely successful in cutting out your stencil Hazel! I love how your ombre effect turned out with your stencil and just love the stencil snowflake shape. Your homemade enamel dots look perfect on this card and I love the layered sentiment across the middle. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absoultly beautiful ,and you cut it out yourself ! The blending is amazing and so are craft friends! Hope your week is wonderful ,Hazel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x