Sunday 21 February 2016

Colour Q Challenge #329 Part Deux


As promised my friends, here is my second card for the Colour Q Challenge #329 and in case you are like me - with the memory of a goldfish - this is the fabulous inspiration photo again.

http://colourq.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/colourq-challenge-329.html

This is my card





This time I used a piece of border from a die cut that I had lying around after I had 'test' cut it when it first arrived, so, I am also going to enter it into Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 217 as well!

I adhered the die cut border to the bottom of the card base, added a few black, die cut leaves (also, from stash of snippets) and then cut a red rose and used the negative pieces - for the pop of colour - this was My Favorite Things 'Scribble Roses' and adhered this to the border and stamped another sentiment from the same Mama Elephant stamp set that I used on my previous card.

Thank you so very much if this is now your second visit today and I do hope you have all had a wonderful weekend, and that your following week will be wonderful too! I appreciate you all!  Hazel xx

18 comments:

  1. I think a goldfishes mind is better than mine Hazel. lol I have to say you knocked it out the ball park once again with this challenge photo! I love the scribble heart and the border die is perfect for that rose to sit on. Once again it is the sentiment that caught my attention and I fell totally in love with it. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Then when I read it was mostly snippets, I was even more impressed! Love that rose, and bet it was fiddly to place all the pieces. Looks fantastic against the black lattice. Very elegant, fits your inspiration photo perfectly, and love the CAS design. You're a star! (thanks for all the info today...appreciate it.) TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this one is stunning, too!! I love the beautiful flower!! The sentiment is so pretty!! You did a fabulous job on both my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now this is special Hazel. That rose is fabulous. The lattice looks great. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pieced flower! Can never go wrong with a pop of red~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Hazel. Such a gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card for this challenge, Hazel! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card totally has the WOW factor, loving how the red rose pops on the graphic background! What a great take on the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning card - you've been on inspiration overload - love it! Love the sentiments you've been using. Need to check that out. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the pop of color on black n white bg.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a striking card. FABULOUS! Love that sentiment too.

    Thanks for playing nicely in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red splash of color with black ! Gorgeous Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The memory of a goldfish LOL you are so funny Hazel.
    Your card is again fabulous, love that gorgeous rose did you make it with a die ? It looks like it has a lot of separate pieces ?
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veerle! The rose, was the negative part of my My Favorite Things, ‘Scribble Roses’ die, so, yes, they are all separate pieces! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx

      Delete
  15. Oh, my, my friend, this is an absolute STUNNER!!!! WOW, wow, wow, it's beautiful!!!! Love the B&W with the stunning red rose - so clever to use the negative pieces - it looks fabulous!!! Oh, I love this, Hazel - I've also got that TH Lattice die and you have really used it so wonderfully here!!! I think I might just CASE this beauty, hey!!! It's so beautiful, Hazel!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x