Saturday 17 June 2017

This Card Is For You!


Hello lovely, thoughtful friends.  Today's card is made with all of you in mind - for the sweet comments of caring, you leave me when things go awry in life - and for my latest little problem!  You are all so kind.

So, when I was making this card, I was looking to see what sentiment I wanted to put on it and came across this one that I thought was so perfect as a dedication to you all.

Here is the card.  I hope you like it . . . it's for you!






The sentiment says it all!  Let me know if you think there needs to be less photos of the one card - only, it seems to me, that I am uploading more and more - I noticed that some card makers only put one photo of each card they make, which is enough for me (except when I wish to see something a little closer, a small detail) - but let me explain my reasons why I have so many now.

The first shot, is more of an 'artsy' shot, with the props.  The second and third shows the card from two opposing angles (in case certain elements aren't clear enough at certain angles).  The fourth shot shows a detail close-up and now - as requested by a new follower - a shot of the inside too!

Let me know in the comments below, whether there are certain shots you think I could do without here, as I'm always looking to improve the look of my blog and with your help, hopefully, I can!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

 If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


13 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, this is a beautiful card and love the contrast between the black and yellow, and then the soft grey in the background with those pretty flourishes. Personally I only show one photo but make it large, and if people want to see things a bit closer usually when you click on the photo it will come on to the screen larger. Maybe if there is something I want to show in particular I would have one extra photo. I do my crafting in the living room on the dining table and as I don't have much space I usually place my cards on the end of the coffee table which is in good light near the patio doors, laying them flat on a piece of black card or another complementary colour, and take the photos like that. I think your new set up is wonderful and your angled shots show off the cards beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, I love your gorgeous card, the colours look great together and the sentiment with the different fonts is fab :)
    I love to see all the different angle photos, I personally only post one photo but this is mainly because I have a bit of a naff camera and struggle to get one decent shot half the time lol (it might also be that my skills aren't all that great either ;)..)

    Hug, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow, gray and black, Hazel! The black die cut flower is so pretty against the bright yellow! I like all your photos. I only do 1 because I'm a bit lazy and the time it takes to edit each one seems more than I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning!! I love the color combo!! That black flower just pops!! I think all of your photos are fabulous!! I love the props, but I love just the card shots, too so that the card is the main focal point!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card with a wonderful sentiment. I love seeing your different photos, I only usually add one photo but that's because I'm lazy lol! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and enjoying all the sunshine dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Hazel!!! I love the color combo, that flower is just gorgeous and I love the flourishes. I also love all the photo's you take of your cards and need to do that myself. So keep doing it!!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, this is such a pretty card, Hazel. I love gray and yellow together, and your design is just lovely. The flourishes in the background add a wonderful flair! I love all the pictures you share of your cards. I love that they are nice big photos, so I can get a good look at all the delicious details of your cards. I'm sometimes disappointed when crafters post only one photo of each card they make. I love seeing different elements, the dimension of those elements, etc. Thank you for taking time to take such beautiful photos and share them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card. I love the colours and especially the tone on tone flowers on the grey background. Beautiful and thank you! I love seeing all your photos. I like the extra close up ones. I try to stick to no moe than three, occasionally four, mostly because any more takes time to edit. I also find it breaks up the paragraphs quite nicely to have a photo. Have a fabulous rest of the weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colour combination and love the sentiment. So kind of you to make this card xxxx I love your photos and you know I am a big fan, so you can never put too many on for me x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing all the views, especially the insides...I often fall down on the interiors. I love the yellow black and gray color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and a fresh look with that color combo and bold flower. I like the different views. I find it is hard to get a good photo of a card in just one shot. So I usually add 2-3 to blog posts. I think if people don't like them, they will just not look at all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful...love those colors, yellow, gray and black are simply stunning together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way the black diecut pops on the yellow on this card. It's a beautiful combination of colours with the swirly grey background. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x