Tuesday 6 June 2017

And Now For Something Different!


Hola lovely peeps!  Another scheduled post here.  This is a design I have had in mind for a while now, and decided to actually give it a try.  It is a water-coloured panel that I cut up into three varying sized sections, laid them down as I wanted the arrangement to be, stamped the image - which is from Concord & 9th - and coloured it with one of the colours from the background and a green marker for the stem.

Next, I adhered the panels to a white card base and stamped the sentiment in the space I left for it.  Then I finished with some punched out hearts, some Wink Of Stella and some Glossy Accents, topped with a short spritz of home made shimmer.






I'm not sure if I like it or not . . . Hmmm?  On reflection, I think next time I will stamp the image on the base card as well, so the image is complete, but leaving the base image uncoloured and just colour the top one.  What do you think?

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.



Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


13 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! It's so creative and gorgeous!! I love the design!! The colors look amazing!! Stunning, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous colours on that fabulous background. Such a pretty flower stamp and love how you've done the layout. I wouldn't change a thing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are beautiful and the concept intriguing and I look forward to seeing it compared to one with the plain image stamped on the base card too. See you soon I hope dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous Hazel and that background is wonderful.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh i like it! I quite like the empty space, but the rest of the outline would stand out more and contrast. Very pretty colours though and it's good to try something different. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this looks perfect as it is very cleverly designed Hazel. I love the pretty soft colours and the gap into which you have placed the sentiment looks great, and the sweet little scattered hearts too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful...what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is gorgeous, Hazel! Your alternate idea is good too. Can't wait to see that version! Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background is truly gorgeous! I wonder what it would look like stamped on the base too. Might be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an interesting idea for a card, Hazel. I like your idea of stamping the image on the card base, but not coloring it. I hope you make one like that sometime, because I'd love to see it. This one is still pretty as it is, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is a great layout to showcase this beautiful panel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very pretty, Hazel! I love this design idea!! I hope you are having a fantastic holiday! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that patchwork and your colors are so lovely. Hope you are having a grand time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x