Friday 2 October 2015

Happy Little Stampers CAS October Challenge - Paper Piecing

This post today has been created in advance.  As you all probably know I have been away again and it would have been far too much of a rush to get this In on time if I had waited until my return.  Welcome to the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge for October, which calls for 'Paper Piecing'.


 http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2015/10/hls-october-cas-challenge.html

This one had me in a bit of a fluster, as I have not done a lot of paper piecing, so I wasn't sure how it would go, but in the end I found it to be fun.  This is the second one, I didn't like the first.

Here it is.


















I used Altenew's 'Magnolias For Her' and stamped the large image three or four times and stamped the buds once each.  I coloured them with a mixture of watercolour markers and coloured pencils and fussy cut them all out.

For a couple or so of the images I just cut a few of the petals and layered them up on top of the whole flower - I hope you are still with me - with foam pads.  The sentiment was die cut using Reverse Confetti's 'Fancy Words' die.

The whole paper piecing thing can also be done by stamping an image onto patterned paper and then cutting them out, instead of colouring an image - a great way to use up scraps!

This is an example of this, see the vase!











Again, Happy Little Stampers are sponsoring the challenge and are giving away this great stamp set!



Why not come and give it a go and use up some of your scraps I know you all have and have some fun!

As always, I appreciate you stopping by and for any comments.  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Hazel! The flower on first one is simply gorgeous, and that gray shows the beauty of the flower perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Hazel. LOVE the paper tole with your first card ... layers and layers of goodness and depth --- awesome!! And your second card is so pretty with the watercolour flowers and the pretty design on the vase ... love it all paired with your black strip --- makes everything POP! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Hazel! you did a great job and that paper pieced flower is gorgeous! I love paper piecing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning cards! I love the colours you chose for the first card with the soft grey and pink. Haven't done much paper piecing either, but I love it for using up scraps! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautiful. Beautiful layering. The first card is unique, so delicate and elegant. I love the colors!
    hugs,
    BozenaA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards, I like how you layered your paper pieced flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the soft, dimensional flower against the gray background, Hazel! And those dew drops are awesome! And your second card is so stunning with the bit of black to contrast with the soft, pretty colors of your vase of flowers! Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards .... love the layers on the first one and the dew drops are a pretty little accent. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly doesn't look like your not confident with paper piecing, your card is beautiful and you picked a wonderful flower to do it with. And I love the soft pink with grey, its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very lovely cards! The dimension and coloring on the first one is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. both cards are fab! I love the water droplets on the first and that you showed a different way to paper piece. yay!

    Toni
    HLS CAS DT teamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both fab, Hazel. Wonderful layering on the first and great photography! I love the addition of those water droplets. And your cute vase looks great nestled underneath those flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, these are both so gorgeous!! I love the images and the colors!! The both look amazing!! Love them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x