Friday 16 October 2015

New Goodies!

Good day all you lovely people!  Finally back to posting normally while I think about my next cataloguing session and how I am going to go about it!

Today I received some new goodies in the post, so I just had to make a card with them.  Something I'm usually remiss about (which is what got me in such a mess in the first place!)




One of the things I got was a Sizzix die set that I got for around £3 in a sale and the other was my Happy Little Stampers stamp set 'Birthday Friends'

I wasn't quite so keen on the Sizzix die, however there were three in the set and I liked one of them, but I did think that this one would be good for paper piecing.  So I had a rummage through my scraps and found a watercolour scrap I had made while testing out some watercolour markers that was ideal for the cupcake wrapper, a piece of pink, textured card that I made in the past by sticking scrunched up tissue paper on to card-stock and a scrap of red SU card-stock.

The sentiment was from the Happy Little Stampers stamp set 'Birthday Friends'  set and I stamped it on to another scrap of black card-stock and heat embossed it in white - I just love the font in this set!

Then I used another item that arrived (aren't I good?)  a Lil' Inker 'Dotted Scallops' cover plate as I thought it matched the scallops on the cupcake die and used this on the base card.  Then I mounted the piece on to the front.

Here is the completed card.







As you can see, I dressed it with some black dots to tie in with the sentiment strip and some WOS and Glossy Accents on the cherry.

Thank you for your visit today, I appreciate you all and will visit you where possible!  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx



13 comments:

  1. Hazel I absolutely love this card. Really like the pink tissue 'frosting' idea. I also got this set at sale price and love this particular die. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cupcake looks good enough to eat! I love the sentiment ;) It all works really well together xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! The cupcake looks delicious with the different papers and the cover plate background is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!! I love the yummy cupcake!! The glossy accents to the cherry is a perfect touch!! What a fabulous card this is!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it works really well together - that die would be perfect for children's birthday cards. Love the papers behind it. Sometimes you don't like something and everyone else loves it - let it sit for a while and see how you feel! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks wonderful, Hazel!!! Love how you've done the cupcake with the watercoloured blue and the soft pink topping and the cherry on top is just soooo yummy looking!!! And the cover plate surely goes well with the scallops on the cupcake!!!! Such a lovely card, my friend!!! Beautifully put together!!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cute one Hazel. And your cup cake looks jummy. ;p
    Have a lovely weekend, hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great combination of stamps and dies! I love the papers your pieced in your cupcake! Thanks for your last comment on my blog. I tried to email you, but it wouldn't work, so I'll ask here: You congratulated me on a win on Darnell's blog, but I couldn't find where you were talking about. Thanks if you can let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous cupcake...just love that sweet cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet!! :) Adorable card Hazel. LOVE that tissue paper frosting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cupcake is adorable!! Great price too~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm back - this is quite the system of cataloging stamps! I can see how time consuming, but really worth it. Not sure I like the numbering system - did you do it that way too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki

      Yes, I did use the numbering system, because I used Jennifer McGuire’s method of filing them in stamp pockets with the name of manufacturer and stamp set on the top and I found that if I filed by category, I couldn’t locate a particular manufacturer and vice versa.

      The numbering system allows you to just file them in the pockets and then in the box (I use Ikea Kassette boxes) with the numbers, say, 0001 – 0050 on the front and then the numbers on the stamp pockets 0001, 0002, and so on. Then I tag them with manufacturer name, stamp set name, a picture of the stamp set and then, what the set contains, such as, floral, flowers, sentiments and so on. Then when I need say, a floral stamp, I just go into Evernote and do a search for ‘floral’ or ‘flowers’ and a list of all the sets with that tag comes up and I just look through the pictures until I see one I want to use, look at the number it is, go to the correct box and pick it out . . . It’s revolutionised my way of working, which was very haphazard and loads of stamp sets were left unused because I had forgotten that I had them!

      It is time consuming, but I can’t tell you how glad I am that I did it and I will do it again with the dies, embossing folders and cling stamps . . . Eventually!

      Hope that helps! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx

      Delete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x