Friday 23 October 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #209



Today's card is for Freshly Made Sketches #209 - A Sketch By Jen B  and this is her sketch

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/freshly-made-sketches-209-sketch-by-jen.html

It could be any shape, so I chose a window.  First, I dry embossed a base card with a brick wall embossing folder, die cut the window frame and a backing piece the same size.  Then I stuck a piece of acetate behind the window frame and while that was drying I created my stamped scene on the backing piece of card.  Then I added white Flower Soft for the snow.

Next, I mounted the window frame onto my stamped piece with foam tape for dimension and adhered the whole thing to the front of the embossed base card.

I finished off by stamping the sentiment on to the window box and mounted that to the window sill to finish.

This is the card.










Thank you all so much for sticking with me whilst I catalogued my stamps and hopefully I am back to normal . . . for a while.  I hope you are all having a great day.  Thanks for stopping by and for any comments . . . you really make my day!

22 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the window scene!! It looks amazing!! I love the bricks and the falling snow!! What a fabulous card this is, Hazel!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. Liking the flower soft for the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card my friend and I absolutely love the dominant white and the tiny spot of green for the trees.
    Wonderful creation, well done. Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love the 'snow' and the scene behind the window - tempting for me to turn into a shaker!! Lol! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear Hazel,
    This card is so beautiful, unusual winter view from the window. I missed by your card for the winter, and yet I do not like winter ... :-)
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, this is really lovely :)
    I like window scene cards. This one is beautifully made :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to use this sketch, Hazel! Love the added flower soft! I love looking out the window at the snow! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful...love that window scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a textural masterpiece, Hazel! Your choice of the window was inspired!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Hazel, love the little window and scene beyond it. I am still jealous of all your cataloging!!!! ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's absolutely gorgeous Hazel. The white flower soft looks fantastic. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty window scene - love that snow

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW,Hazel,this card is so beautiful!! I love the embossing and the pretty scene behind the window!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love this little peek out of the window onto your snowy scene! You've thought of everything - from the brick wall to the little bits of snow on the window!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the gorgeous scene outside the window :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH, this is so gorgeous. It is everything I think should be outside a window on a winter's day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fabulous interpretation of the sketch, Hazel! A beautiful snowy scene! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, my friend, this is beautiful!!! What a great idea to use the window frame with the lovely scene behind!!! The trees and the snow look fantastic and I love that EF!!!! So creatively and cleverly done, Hazel!!! Love it!!!
    Have a wonderful week!!!!
    Big hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful scene, Hazel! So much texture too! I love the sentiment on the window box!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful scene! I love the white brick and the white window frame - with the soft wintery scene outside! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just gorgeous Hazel. i love the beautiful scene you created and the embossed wall is perfect for it. The flower soft works perfectly as snow! I'm glad your stamps are now organised - it feels good to get some order around the place doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x