Saturday 10 October 2015

Finally Crafting Again . . . And My First Challenge This Side Of My Break!

Hi all you lovelies out in blog-land, I hope you are all having a great weekend!  I have finally finished my mammoth task of indexing and cataloguing my stamp sets . . . well, that is to say, I have finished cataloguing my clear stamp sets!  I still have the cling stamps (mostly S.U.) and all my dies . . . yikes!!  But I promised myself a well deserved crafting break this weekend, so I have gotten through, just over 450 . . . 454, but who's counting? . . . ME, that's who!!

Anywho, my card today:



Is for the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Poinsettias challenge.


 http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Christmas%20Challenge

Here are the rest of the pictures:







I used a Dreamweaver stencil to stencil my Poinsettia and layered it up on a gold, glitter paper by Stampin' Up, a gold embossed vellum, also by Stampin' Up and finished it off with a computer generated sentiment, using a free (for personal use) font called Impact Label and a few drops of Enamel Accents.

Why not pop on over to HLS and join in the fun, Kylie of Happy Little Stampers is generously donating a prize too!

Have a wonderful weekend my dear friends.  I will be popping by your blogs to say Hi . . . at long last!  Thank you for your continued patience!  Hazel xx

18 comments:

  1. you're a better woman than i am to catalogue all those stamps!! it was enough of a job for to put them in clear envelopes and label and sort by company and some by theme (but it's working for me). anyway your card is lovely - you should enter it in Addicted to CAS "sparkle" challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing task. All credit to you. I find it a chore to just mount rubber unmounted stamps onto EZ Mount.

    Your beautiful card really is merry and bright. I love it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to craft land! Am impressed you've managed some cataloguing. I'm starting very small..... They all fit in one basket so far with room to spare. Haha! Gorgeous card. Love that huge poinsettia with the gold behind it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Hazel!! Love the stenciled poinsettia ... and so pretty with the tilted layers with gold in behind. Congrats on getting your clear stamps all organized ... what a huge job!! A well-deserved weekend of playing for sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel that was a gargantuan task! Well done, YOU! A few days crafting is a perfect way to reward yourself - and us! as this Poinsettia is just gorgeous ... glad to have you back... I've missed you!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see you again, Hazel! It's great to be back, myself. I love your gorgeous poinsettia! What a wonderful, bold color, and perfect with the glittery gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome stenciling and you got some fabulous shading going in the reds. Love the black enamel stamens as well, and this is a great design for the HLS October Christmas Challenge. Thanks for joining in this month. I'm in such admiration that you got your stamps cataloged (even if it was 'just the clear ones'..!) At least you've made a great start...I don't even have the mojo to think about doing this with my stamps. And I SHOULD! Have a great week, and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful and it's a stencil too...oh my goodness, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is a knock out! I love every inch of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love this big, gorgeous poinsettia, Hazel! The offset layers and touched of black add even more drama! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful. The big poinsettia has such impact - I love the label sentiment, the black dots in the center and the gold sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely this looks with the glimmer paper in the background. The bold poinsettia is so eye-catching and I'm a huge fan of those label sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure if my comment went through so I'm trying again :) This is stunning!! The flower looks so gorgeous!! I love the glitter paper behind!! It looks amazing!! I'm in awe of your stamp collection!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning poinsettia - with a beautiful depth of colour. Great layout too - love the hints of gold. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, and love how you did the center of the poinsettia! Works so perfectly with the label tape sentiment! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. That stencil you used is amazing, it has so much detail. The gold glitter CS is gorgeous and looks so amazing with the flower. Fantastic design!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning Poinsettia and I love the glittered and angled backing mats! Superb card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x