Thursday 29 October 2015

CASology #170 - Hearts


Hi my dear blog buddies!  Today, I decided to have a go at a challenge that I don't believe I have entered before - you all know how it is, you get into a bit of a rut and end up always entering the same challenges over and over . . . no?  . . . maybe it's just me then!

Anywho, the challenge I decided to enter is CASology, where they have a challenge with a cue card and that, this week is

http://casology.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/week-170-heart.html

Well, I remembered a stamp set that I purchased a long while ago and never got around to inking it up, but I thought would be perfect for this challenge.  It is the Simon Says Stamp 'Locking Hearts' set.

First, I stamped one half of the heart in a pink ink (representing me) and then the other half in blue (representing my other half . . . gedit? . . . sorry!)

Next, I inked up one half of the sentiment with the pink and the other half in the blue - I overlapped them a bit in the middle, hoping for a purple, but as it was pigment ink it didn't work out very well - perhaps I should buy a pink and a blue in a dye ink.

This is my card










Oh, and I finished the heart with a helping of WOS and glossy accents!

As always, thanks for stopping by and for your comments that help to make my day.  Have a great one, whatever you are doing.  Hazel xx

17 comments:

  1. Oh Hazel my dear this is such a lovely card. And I just love the idea behind it (you and your hubby).
    Really love this card. I played before with casology but it's been a while. Do you purchase your simon says stamp products in the USA ? Does it cost a lot to have it send to the UK ?
    Love some of theire items but didn't get any so far.
    Hugs, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veerle

      Yes, I have bought quite a large number of items from them, I’m trying not to lately as their postage is quite steep. It ranges from $14.99 to $49.99 (depending on total cost of order, they only deliver Free international postage if the order value is over $350.

      Delete
  2. And it turned out great - hope you will enter this CAS challenge again

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Hazel!! I love the creative way you stamped the hearts!! They look amazing!! I love the die you used too with the scalloped edges and the stitching!! Beautiful my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the pink and blue together - reminds me of a birthday cake my mum made when I was 10. One half blue icing, the other half pink! It's beautifully CAS. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such neat stamping, Hazel :)
    Love the effect. Take care. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the graphic look and symmetry of this! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely heart card -- I like the dual colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card to represent your two halves! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This couldn't be sweeter! I love your concept of two becoming one, and you orchestrated it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous play with color Hazel! Stunning card!
    Thanks for joining us at Casology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a great idea to do the colours like that, Hazel!!! Your little hearts and the lovely sentiment really look great in the pink and navy!!! The scalloped and stitched edges are beautiful!!! Such a lovely CAS card!!!!
    I also have to try and do some other challenges than the few I take part in, but I just don't get to it!!!! Yeah for you for doing a Casology card - maybe I should join you!!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel, I'm so glad you decided to join in the fun at CASology for the HEART challenge! What a great occasion to ink up a new stamp set! I love how you combined the pink and blue to signify you and your husband...very cool effect, and I love the WoS and Glossy Accents, the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at CASology...I hope you'll play along again with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so fun! Love the way you created your card on both the stamped heart and the sentiment! Your hubby has blue blood and yours is the soft pink kind!! I am glad you are finding more challenges to enter because your work is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful idea to do this in 2 colors! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hazel, this is awesome! Love the colours and the fabulous sparkle and shine! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhhhh .... what a wonderful card!!! I really love the colors you chose and how you stamped the hearts! Its just amazing! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x