Thursday 2 June 2016

Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Ghosting


Well, my goodness, gracious me, yet another month has whizzed by, so fast I very nearly missed it!  This means we have another fun challenge over at the Happy Little Stampers CAS blog.  This month it is Ghosting . . . no, not the spooky kind . . . stay tuned and I'll explain, but first, you need to pop on over to HLS and check out the videos there explaining this technique and the other design team members fabulous examples.

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2016/06/hls-june-cas-challenge.html

As always, HLS is sponsoring this challenge from the HLS shop.

So, without further ado, here is my card and the explanation will be below for those interested.




First, I took a white card base, a grey, slightly textured panel smaller than the card front, and a strip of navy blue card-stock.

The first thing I did was to stamp the flower silhouette in white pigment ink and let it dry, then I stamped it again in navy ink, just a little offset and let that dry.  Whilst that was drying, I took a piece of white card-stock and stamped the sentiment in navy and adhered a small strip of navy card-stock on to the bottom of the sentiment piece to tie it in and adhered foam tape to the back.

The nest step was to mount a strip of navy card-stock to the back of the focal panel an mount the whole thing up on fun foam to the card base and the sentiment strip to finish.

Now it is your turn and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Supplies used:

Stamps: Lindsay Mason - Hope Blooms
Cards-stock: Smooth White, Grey textured, white and navy snippets
Ink: White Pigment & Navy Dye Ink

17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I've seen different interpretations of ghosting and I like them all - love this as it's so simple and yet really effective. Beautifully done - love the deep blue. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Hazel and an interesting technique. I really like the colours and a very pretty stamp too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, Hazel!! The ghosting technique looks so fabulous!! I love the pretty flowers!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally have some internet acces, after a week trying. But it is very unstabel and of a very poor quality so just a quick visit here.
    Your card is a stunner Hazel, so elegant and absolutely less is more on this design. I love it. Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous combination of colors and beautiful silhouette flowers. Love this card, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card CAS. I love this white shadow cast by the silhouette of the plant. You did it perfectly. The combination of purple and gray is very elegant.
    Hugs, have a wonderful weekend.
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Hazel. This is a wonderful way to add a shadow to your images. Great job! Adds a lot of visual dimension. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so pretty .... beautifully CAS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do so love this card. The technique works so well and fabulous choice of colours...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never done ghosting before, so this is something I need to try out sometime! Your card is just beautiful Hazel, it is so peaceful too. I'm in love with the color combo, so striking together. Love, love, love...Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I haven't been around much, Hazel. I'm guessing the summer is just going to be like that. Your ghosting technique is beautiful. I love the navy, white and gray combination. I hope I can play along.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ghosted flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful ghosting effect, and I love your color combo! Gorgeous card, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, Hazel. That rich deep blue with the white shadow looks great on the grey panel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, your flowers look so pretty, Hazel!!!!! I really like the navy with the grey and bit of white!!! The little banner you've got the sentiment on is lovely!!!! So beautiful, my friend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this technique :)
    Very striking, Hazel. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x