Wednesday 15 June 2016

CAS Mix Up June Challenge


Hi my lovelies!  Most of you will know that this is a scheduled post as I am currently in rural Spain without access to constant internet, land-line telephones . . . and, sometimes, . . . running water!  I was beyond thrilled when Loll & Bonnie asked me if I would be their 'Featured Designer' for their CAS Mix Up June challenge, and I jumped at the chance.

The requirements this month are:

http://casmixup.blogspot.com/2016/06/cas-mix-up-june-reminder.html

First, I will show you my card and then, I will describe the how's, what's and why's after, so that those of you eager to get on with it can just look at the pictures.





OK, this is how I made it and what I used.  The first thing I did, was to make a plain, white card base.  Then, I took another panel, slightly smaller than the card base and masked off a circular area near the top.  I then took a Hero Arts, 'Woodgrain' background stamp inked up with Versamark and stamped that through the mask.  Then, I heat embossed that with WOW 'White Pearl' embossing powder.  Next, I lightly sponged some 'Tumbled Glass' Distress Ink through the mask.

The next thing I did, was to take the circle die I used to cut the mask and emboss the circle 'frame' around my sponged piece, to give it a nice 'finish' to the edge.  Then I ran the panel through my Big Shot with my 'Linen' embossing plate.

I then got some small left over panels of ink smooshed card-stock out and die cut some feathers with my Spellbinders 'Peacock Feathers' die set and adhered them at different heights using wet glue and thin, foam tape.  Then, it reminded me of a 'dream catcher', so I got out a couple of punches out and punched a small, scalloped circle and a plain circle and mounted that on top of the feathers.

Finally, I stamped the greeting with two colours of Altenew crisp inks in coordinating colours to give the sentiment an ombre look.

So, to recap on techniques:

Stamping - sentiment & woodgrain texture
Die-Cutting - feathers and mask
My Choice - heat embossing (woodgrain texture), die embossing (circle frame), dry embossing (linen texture), emboss resist & sponging (sponging over woodgrain texture)

There you have it my friends, who would have thought that you could use so many techniques and products in one CAS project!  This new challenge of Loll & Bonnie's is pure genius.

Pop on over there and see what Loll, Bonnie and their team have put together for your inspiration and then give it a go, it really is fun!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


18 comments:

  1. Loving the shiny wow embossing powder and such delicate colours. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gorgeous card is so soft and pretty and with beautiful textures. TFS Hazel and joining CAS Mix Up again as our Featured Designer :-) Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I love the colours - that blue is so soft - and I love the pearl embossing powder. It's a really great layout, and the feathers just set the whole thing off. Enjoy being without constant internet - it's too depressing at the moment everything that keeps rolling on :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an AWESOME CAS Mix Up card, Hazel! WOW! I love all the different media and that it's still perfectly CAS! Thanks so much for being our Featured Designer this month. You've added so much to the challenge! Safe travels, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are having a wonderful time my friend!! Hopefully the water is flowing freely and you are enjoying your trip!! Your card is stunning!! I love the texture!! The ombre sentiment is so gorgeous!! And the feathers are amazing!! Love, love it!! Safe travels!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Hazel! Hope that you'll at least always have running water wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel, hope your holiday is going well! Can I say that I am simply in love with your card?!!! OMGosh, it is just beautiful! I love that mother of pearl embossing powder-got to have me some of that! lol I love that you added distress ink with it. Those feather are amazing and you have created a fabulous dream catcher. Love the inks on the sentiment too. Wowzers! I love it! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous, Hazel! I love your combination of elements and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing design Hazel. Love all the wonderful techniques and products that you have used for this beautiful CAS design. And thanks again for being our Featured Designer at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Hazel! The pastel colors make me think of the lightness of the feather. You chose the perfect color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Hazel...love that gorgeous soft blue and those feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your feathers are beautiful and I love the subtle embossed background too! congrats on being the Guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats again on your Featured Designer spot for June, Hazel! This is such a gorgeous card! I love how you added so much texture and dimension to your design, and the soft color palette is just beautiful!
    Hope you're having a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know you're having a relaxing time, and probably won't see this for a bit. Saw it at CAS MU, and love it. Your style is constantly evolving, & you are going from artistic strength to even more so. This is so unusual in the design creation, and yet still serenity with the colors. Love the texture in the circle and feathers, and the different shades of blue. Simply beautiful. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The feathers are so beautiful, Hazel and I really like how you've got such a lot on your card, but it's still perfectly CAS!!! Great job on combining all the techniques so perfectly, my friend!!!!
    Hugz
    I have really enjoyed my visit to your blog so much, now, Hazel!!!! I missed spending some time with you and am so happy that I finally got to pop in!!!! Can't wait to have you back and posting again, my friend!!!! Hope you had a wonderful time in Spain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The most stunning project. Love the colours, the layout and that beautiful shine in the circle x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This reminded me of a DreamCatcher, too :)
    Hope you are enjoying your holiday. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow how could I have missed this beauty Hazel, it's sooo beautiful and delicate ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x