Wednesday 1 June 2016

CAS Mix Up June Challenge & Featured Designer!


Well, my lovely friends, I am beyond excited today!  You see, two of my lovely blogging friends Loll & Bonnie, the co creators of CAS Mix Up Challenge, asked me if I would like to be the featured designer for June!  Would I?  I am thrilled, what an honour!

The challenge for this month is:

http://casmixup.blogspot.com/2016/06/cas-mix-up-june-challenge.html

So, without further ado, I will explain my process and the techniques I have used and list the supplies at the end.

First, I stamped a flower and leaves in Versamark on to white card-stock.  Then I coloured them by sponging ink in two colours for each die-cut, two greens for the leaves and a yellow and orange for the flower.  Next, I cut them out with the matching dies.

Then I took a piece of coordinating card-stock and stamped a floral background on it with Versamark and heat embossed with gold pearl embossing powder and cut a strip for the left hand side of my card base, which I adhered with tape runner.

Then I took a panel of white card-stock and dry embossed with my favourite embossing plate for texture.  I then stamped the sentiment in the same gold pearl embossing powder and adhered the panel to the front of the base card with craft foam for dimension.

Finally, I arranged the flower and leaves on to the card front - some the leaves were adhered flat and the flower with foam tape - again for dimension.  The very last touch was my home made dew drops, which have been referred to as my 'signature' touch.

So, techniques used were, stamping (main images, side panel & sentiment), die cuts (flower & leaves), sponging (flower & leaves) heat embossing (main images & side panel texture) and dry embossing (texture on front panel).

Here is the card.




Why not join in the fun, it's a fabulous challenge, and don't forget to make your mixed media CAS too!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!

Supplies used:
Stamps & Dies: Uniko 'Chrysanthemum'  - MFT 'Roses All Over' - Your Next Stamp 'Whatnot Sentiments 4'
Embossing Plate: PTI 'Linen'

23 comments:

  1. Oh my, Hazel...your Chrysanthemum is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you blended your colors on the flower and leaves, and your border of roses is just beautiful! Loving how you embossed your panel with the Linen embossing plate, too...Such a striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Gorgeous design Hazel. Love all the special touches you have added to this card. Fabulous CAS Mix Up card, my friend. Thank you so much for being our Featured Designer this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so beautiful Hazel - congrats on being the GT for this month - well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your so-deserved guest design spot, Hazel!! Wow!! Your card is absolutely stunning!! I love the beautiful flower!! The colors are so pretty!! The design and texture are amazing!! I so need that embossing folder!! Love, love this my friend!! Elegant and beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hazel,
    such a beautiful card! I congratulate you the honor of designing for CAS Mix UP.
    Good night.
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Congrats on being asked to be a Guestie~ awesome compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Hazel. I love your EB resist die cut flowers and leaves. So much beautiful texture and colors. Love your side panel and signature home made dew drops. How do you make them my friend? Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy!

      You will need:

      WOW 'Melt It' powder
      Some foil bun/tart/pie cases
      A Heat Gun
      Something to hold the foil tray with (clothes peg/pin, tweezers) the tray gets very hot!

      Method:

      Pour some of the powder into a foil tray (pinch the rim of the tray to make a pouring spout)
      Heat the powder from below (not the top, otherwise it will fly everywhere . . . don't ask how I know this ;) )
      When the powder is fully melted, drip drops out on to a heat proof sheet (craft mat, cooking sheet etc.)
      Leave to set (this only takes a few seconds.
      Pick up any that has dripped out of shape, put back into foil container and re-melt, and drip again.

      Tips:

      Move the foil tray fairly quickly whilst dripping for a truer round drop.
      Don't try any colouring medium, other than a coloured embossing powder (which you can mix in with the 'Melt It' powder) I tried all sorts of things and they were unsuccessful. Now I stick to clear.

      If you follow my blog, I often post details on my DIY supplies. I did explain how to make them in a previous post, here:

      http://www.mycardattic.co.uk/search/label/homemade

      Delete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, Hazel! Love your colours and textures. So great to have you with us on the CAS Mix Up team this month! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, Hazel! I love this die cut flower and leaves and the heat embossing and dry embossing are fantastic to show it off! And still CAS! Thanks so much for being our Featured Designer at CAS Mix Up this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, this is just lovely. Your expertly sponged colors make the flowers and leaves look so real and I love the textured background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was hoping Loll and Bonnie would snatch you up as a featured designer Hazel! You are so talented and make such beautiful cards my friend and this one is no exception! Love the colors on this one and love that flower and leaves. So striking is this card. Sorry I've not been around, I will have a look around at all your posts although I probably am so far behind that I would never be able to catch up on commenting on them all. But I know I will love them all! Big hugs, Brenda PS: I just love your signature, Loll did a beautiful job with it and it is so you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats !I am totally in love with this card ,the colors ,CAS design and the beautiful bloom everything !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous colours, beautifully coloured in and loving the layout. That linen textured white background works so well and such a pretty strip of embossed flowers down the left x I'm back from a wonderful peaceful and relaxing holiday, missed all the wonderful inspiration on your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being the guest DT! Love your subtle embossed background and gorgeous coloring on your bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the well-deserved honor, Hazel! I'm not surprised they asked you and I'm sure they are delighted you said yes so they could feature your stunning card art! This is a perfect example of your enormous talent!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know that you are in Spain right now but I wanted to let you know that your card is simply spectacular! And congrats on being the Featured Designer at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a stunning card Hazel! I love how beautiful your flower and leaves are. A great mixed media card for sure!!! Congrats on your guest design spotlight, they chose an amazingly talented person to be GD! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card...just stunning Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You just get better & better-er! Love the summery colors, and the wonderful design. It's lovely the way you've placed the center glow on the flower, and that's some dimension with the way you've done the florals. Also liking the texture of the background and the pretty border. Hope you're having fun. TFS & Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the GD spot, Hazel!!!! Enjoy!!!
    Your card is so beautiful and yeah for combining all the different techniques, hey!!!!! The flower is simply stunning ...love the heat embossed strip on the side ...great dry embossing ...everything done perfectly to make a stunning card, my friend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous, Hazel.
    Love all that yummy white space ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just amazing, you are so clever Hazel ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x