Tuesday 28 June 2016

I'm Back & I'm Behind!!


Hi my Lovelies!!  I'm back and I was rested, until I had to climb mount junk mail to get in through my front door (for the benefit of my wonderful followers who don't live in the UK, we have letterboxes in our front doors that the postman pushes our mail through every day!  With the result, it piles up on the floor, just inside the front door) . . . you get the picture! 

Then, I had to sort through it all and dispose of said junk mail and deal with all the problems that wait to arise just as we leave the house and sits there malevolently awaiting our return!!

It was 03:30, when we finally got to our bed, and then slept until 12:00 on Saturday.  Then the fun of switching on the computers, to face a tsunami of e-mails and  . . . more junk!!  Of course, it had to be sifted through, to ensure I didn't miss anything important!  In the end, I just had to scroll down through the headers, to delete on mass anything that didn't look important.

I must thank each and every one of you who still left comments even though you knew I was unable to read them until my return, they were like little diamonds shining in a very large dung heap!  They really helped to lighten the task, it was like sifting for gold, every so often I would find another shiny nugget and it would keep me going!  I just hope that I will manage to catch up and return your wonderful comments when I visit your blogs . . . though I know that I am bound to miss some/many, if I do, I hope you will forgive me and know that, from now, I will continue to return any comments you kindly leave here.

Enough of the waffle, you have come here to see a card, not me whittling on!  This is a piece of colouring I did whilst without internet (all I did every day, was relax in the sun and read a book or do some colouring that I had taken with me).

This card is for one of my sister's and her husband who have just bought a new house. I have carried the outside sentiment to the inside, with the 'new' from the outside sentiment, masked off, and I used my new, Mama Elephant, 'Calli Letters' alphabet and spelled out the word,  'beginnings', so it reads, 'New Home' and inside, 'New Beginnings', which I thought was very apt with the butterfly!

Here is my card.






Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


16 comments:

  1. Beautifully coloured, Hazel :)
    It's amazing how quickly those emails mount up, isn't it? I stockpile replies some days and can't believe how behind I get - and I haven't been blogging anywhere near as long as you, I'm guessing.
    Glad you have a restful break from home life.
    Sleep well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Hazel. We arrived back home on saturday too around 9 o'clock we drove all night. Had to dig through a mountain of mail too and washing-washing-washing. We've been away for an entire month and I think I've done 4 or 5 washing machines. All is piled up to get ironed now bweeeeeerk. Your card is so beautiful and such a gorgeous butterfly with great coloring. I had some crafting supplies with me too I'll show the cards in the comming days. Big hug, Veerle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to have you back Hazel - beautiful card and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home Hazel and welcome back to the blogging world! I am glad to hear you had a good time, but not with all the mail that came through and emails. I know exactly what you mean. Some old houses here in the states have those letter openings in the door too and yes, the mail sure can pile up inside at the door. lol And email, OMGosh, the emails that come in in a days time is ridiculous! The first thing I do is wade through and delete ads and junk email, then I go back to whats left and open what I think is important first. It's a job isn't it?! Your card is simply stunning! I love the sentiments, perfect to go with the butterfly! You rocked this one my friend and your coloring is beautiful. Hugs, Brenda
    PS: Don't worry about commenting on my stuff, just start anew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Home! Absolutely gorgeous card...just beautiful. As for the commenting, I would just start fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, my friend! So glad to have you back and with such a stunning card! The colorful butterfly really pops on that cool black and white layout! Have to pin it to my inspiration folder!
    No, it's not fun to come back from vacation to the piles of mail, email, laundry, etc... You don't have to comment on my posts, just start new!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Wasn't expecting you back for another week for some reason! Come back with a stunner, with beautiful colours on the wings. I always get a bit sad if there isn't a pile of paper behind the door, until I realise it's all rubbish and bits from Lidl offering me cheap food..... Or take away menus.... Take your time to resettle UK. It's all gone a bit crazy lately! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK! You were missed :) -- Sounds like you had a good time. Love this bfly - your coloring is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly welcome home....Thank you so much for finding time to stop by my blog and leave such kind and friendly comments. Glad you had a restful holiday and yes it does take ages to catch up when you get back but what a lovely way of saying you had some gold nuggets in between the rest, how sweet is that? Today's card is stunning. Absolutely love the colour combination and works brilliantly against the clean white and stark black...love it x Your creativity was missed x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Glad you are back in port safely, and rested up well (at least until you had to deal with junk mail of all kinds). Don't worry about catching up, just go forward from now! Love this wonderful calligraphy butterfly...those colors are lovely. I like the way you've had the white front extend just a bit from the texture of the black borders. (love your enamel dots too!). Now rest up from all the mail bother, and we'll enjoy seeing your beautiful cards once again. I'm amazed that you even had time to post a card after your return home! Big hugs, we missed you. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back, my friend!! I hope you are able to sift through all the junk mail and rest, too!! I always feel like I need a vacation when I return from one ;) Your card is stunning!! The butterfly looks amazing!! I love the colors!! Absolutely gorgeous!! Love, love it!! Welcome home again!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Hazel ! I am the lucky one to get your reply ,happy to see it ! Loved the beautifully colored butterfly and the card ! Good luck with catching up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! I'm sure my eyes would be crossed from going through so much mail (snail and electronic) in such a short period of time. Bravo to you for digging in and getting right to it! And your eyes are obviously not crossed otherwise you couldn't have made such a gorgeous card. The colors on the butterfly are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you are back with one fabulous card, my friend!!!!! What a stunning butterfly that is and the black at the top and the bottom really have your butterfly shine wonderfully!!!! Such a great card with a lovely sentiment to go with the butterfly!!! And aren't colouring not such a relaxing thing to do, hey!!!! So happy for you that you had a great time and relaxed a lot and good luck on catching up on everything, hey!!! Going through piles of snail mail and e-mails is definitely not fun, but I'm sure you will soon have it all sorted out!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a gorgeous butterfly! I also enjoyed the humor in your story of returning home from a peaceful vacation to find a mountain of work awaiting you. Your blog looks like fun--I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that butterfly!!!! it's fantabulous Hazel...loving the card too of course...just amazing ;') Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x