Friday 18 December 2015

Three Challenges Today - Inkspirational, Freshly Made Sketches & HLS CAS


Today, I wanted to quickly squeeze in a new challenge to me and also two of my favourites - fairly regular - challenges as they fit nicely together.

The first, which I might just make by the 'skin of my teeth' is the new one (to me) Inkspirational Challenge #97 and the prompt is 'Flake'

http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/challenge-97-flake.html

Well, it was meant to be wasn't it, considering the amount of cards I have made lately with snowflakes on them!  The second challenge is for Freshly Made Sketches # 127 - A Sketch By Linda and this is her wonderful sketch.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/freshly-made-sketches-217-sketch-by.html

Again, another 'meant to be' challenge as a lot of my designs lately has used this layout!

The third is Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Favourite Technique and as it also uses one of my favourite techniques at present, 'negative die cuts' and the snowflake is just that, it is another 'match made in heaven' . . . a hat trick!!

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/search/label/CAS%20Challenge


This is my card








Happy Little Stampers is also sponsoring their challenge and the lucky winner will receive a stamp set from HLS own shop!

First, I used Sparkle Medium through a Memory Box stencil on a plain, white layer, when that was dry, I mounted it straight on to a plain, white card base.

Next, I spread Sparkle Medium, straight on to a piece of white card and let it dry and then punched out the large snowflake, which I will use on another card and also punched out a smaller one and layered these up on to a piece of red foil cardstock.

I then mounted the focal piece on to the front of the base card with foam tape.  Finally, I layered up a sentiment and mounted tat also with foam tape.

Thank you for taking time to visit at this very busy time of year, I truly appreciate it and want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very magical Christmas and great times in the New Year!  Thank you all!  Hazel xx

18 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous - I adore that red just peeking out and the sparkle medium is subtle and bling all in one. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing all your inspiration this month! It's helped me a lot! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, the subtle snowflakes in the background are just perfect! Hope you have the most wonderful Christmas and wishing you all the very best in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Hazel!! I love the sparkle medium (I need to find some of that!!)!! The sparkly snowflakes are fabulous!! The entire design is so elegant and beautiful!! I absolutely love it my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do this technique very well, Hazel... I think I may have to invest in a label maker at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beautiful snowflake and the peekaboo red! Gorgeous! Had you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful Hazel and suits the challenge perfectly. I love the sparkle medium and how you've used the red foil card underneath the die cut. It looks lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shiny red card showing through the die cut area and the sparkly surroundings make a really stunning card =- and I like the fact that it's left you a snowflake to use on another card!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab makes from you, love those snowflakes. Thanks for your comment on my blog earlier too

    Merry Christmas to you and yours too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous with the shiny red against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your layered snowflake Hazel ... it's beautiful!. The red is so pretty in your snowflake aperture, and the sparkle embossing paste adds lots of gorgeous texture. Thanks for sharing at HLS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally awesome Christmas card!
    Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Hope you will join us again :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the sparkle and that gorgeous, red foil snowflake! Just gorgeous, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel, this is simply beautiful! Love the embossing, and big snowflake, and cheerful color addition. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really loving these snowflake cards! The negative image with the red behind it is such a great look! The whole card is so sparkly and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just so beautiful. I love your wonderful snowflakes. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful card! And second card you make using the negative is gorgeous too. So clean and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful use of the sketch. LOVE the shiny red on the snowflake and all of the other sparkle. The label is a wonderful touch. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x