Wednesday 2 December 2015

Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Favourite Technique


Today is the last challenge for 2015 at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, which is for your favourite technique!  A nice, open challenge in which you are able to do whatever you like best!

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2015/12/hls-december-cas-challenge.html


I have chosen to do negative die cutting for my favourite technique, as it is quick, easy and more importantly, effective.








First I die cut a panel with the largest My Favorite Things 'Cross Stitch' rectangle die, then I used Memory Box's 'Dazzling Snowflake' die to die cut a 'window' in the front panel.

Next, I adhered a panel of Stampin' Up's 'Glimmer Paper' underneath and also die cut the sentiment from the same glimmer paper and adhered that to the panel.

Finally, I mounted the whole thing on to a white card base.  I also made a second one while I had all the supplies out, but this time I just cut the front panel a little smaller than the base card as I felt this design with the gold was better with just a plain panel. I used some of Stampin' Up's Glimmer Paper' in gold this time for behind the snowflake and the sentiment.









 Why not head on over to the HLS CAS challenge and join in the fun!  Happy Little Stampers are sponsoring the challenge and there are prizes to be won!

As always, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate each and every one of you!  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

21 comments:

  1. Beautifully CAS and so elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I am so CASEing this. Love them so much! Agree with Linda that they're very elegant. Fab job!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Totally beautiful card, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... these are so beautiful Hazel. Amazing design ... love it done is both the dazzling diamonds and the gold. Fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are absolutely stunning, Hazel!! I love the design and the amazing sparkle!! They are so elegant and gorgeous!! Beautiful, beautiful cards!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty - especially love the one with the gold background!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of your sparkly snowflakes - the cream and the gold are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Hazel! I love the glimmer paper behind the die cuts. So sparkly!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are beautiul Hazel. The glimmer paper looks really good. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome Hazel. The first one with the white and silver is my absolute favourite.
    I love how the subtle sparkle shines through your die cut. Beautiful.
    Hugs, Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a elegant design! very effective technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! And so simple too - adore the glimmer paper behind the negative cut. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Hazel these cards are sooo beautiful, very CAS and just divine. Enjoy your weekend ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elegant and beautiful, Hazel! Love the intricate snowflake x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! This is stunning! Love both cards, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really GORGEOUS cards, Hazel! I really love the impact of the glitter peeking through the negative die cut...really elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...2 simply stunning cards, just love that snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is amazing. I had to buy that snowflake xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so elegant both ways, my friend! Love that gorgeous snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad I popped into your blog, absolutely stunning projects and great inspiration. Beautiful and so very effective, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful shimmery cards! I love the look of the glimmer paper showing through the negative die cut.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x