Sunday 2 August 2015

Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - August - Masking

August already, I can't believe how fast the years go by, which means another new challenge over at Happy Little Stampers CAS, which for August is Masking.

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2015/07/hls-july-cas-challenge.html

  For this challenge, I decided to repeat a masking technique that Laura Bassen demonstrated on the 'Stretch Your Dies' course I attended earlier this year.









 First, I made a mask by die cutting a piece of acetate (so I could wipe it clean between colours) with a wavy edge border die.  Then I used various colours of inks to sponge different colours down the front of a card layer.  I overlapped some to make new colours by tilting the mask at different angles.  Then spritzed it lightly with glimmer mist.  Next, I die cut the birthday word using a Reverse Confetti die, stuck it to a strip of vellum and stamped the word 'happy' above it in Stazon ink - as Stazon is the best for slick surfaces, like vellum or acetate.

To finish off, I folded the ends of the vellum strip around the back of the panel and fastened it with Scotch tape at the back and mounted the panel on to another panel of black cardstock, leaving a thin border and finally mounted the whole thing onto a white card base, added a Wink Of Stella to the die cut sentiment and some Glossy Accent dew drops.

Do join us at the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge and see the fantastic inspirational cards the other DT members have come up with and have some masking fun!

As always, thanks so much for making my day by stopping by and for any comments, you leave, you are all appreciated very much!  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx


34 comments:

  1. Wow! That is amazing! Absolutely stunning. Love masking, so must try to give this a go :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! This is so so cool and beautiful. I love love love it! Rainbow, masking and sponging?! Wooo-eeee! As soon as I saw it I thought, "Bassen-esque!" Super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is stunning, Hazel!! The background looks amazing!! I love the colors!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real "WOW" card Hazel. Love your waves of colour ... so beautiful, especially with the sparkle from the glimmer mist. The vellum strip is perfect for your raised and sparkly sentiment, without covering up the gorgeous background. Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those beautiful color waves totally make me swoon! Love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card to show off this masking technique. Love the swirls of bold bright colors, and especially liked the way you've done the glittering sentiment on the vellum. A wonderful & cheerful CAS card to demonstrate masking! TFS & Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, wow, wow. This is inspiration PLUS! I really need to try this using my dies and thank you for the tip about the acetate. Awesomeness!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rainbow colored waves really caught my attention. So beautiful and creative. Loved your vellum sentiment too. TFS your card and your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Hazel. Those waves of colour are brilliant.
    A true waauw card my friend.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAZEL!!!!! This is stunning,boy do I love that gorgeous background ! The waves look amazing! Well done friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the use of colors and sponging -- very awesome looking card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job! I really like the waves of color and your placement of the clear dots is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! What gorgeous colours .... and I love how some overlap. Great design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel, I love this technique, your card is beautiful. Gorgeous inking and sparkly sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, Hazel, and am totally going to take a whack at this technique. Amazing amazing amazing!!!

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, Hazel! What gorgeous colors and design! Love that stacked and winked sentiment too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing Hazel! I am in love with your sponged background! What a fun, graphic card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Hazel, this is an amazing card! I love how you did your background, the inking looks great and I love all the fabulous colors. Your birthday sentiment is perfect on the vellum. Very festive and happy card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, Hazel, your sponged bg is FABULOUS!!!! The colours are so beautiful!!! I really like what you've done here!!!! And the sentiment on the vellum strip and the few dewdrops are so perfect to finish it off!! Love the subtle shimmer!!! Beautiful, my friend!!!! LOVE it!!!!
    Have a lovely day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful example of masking Hazel and I love the transparent look you achieved! The design is so modern and graphic looking and I love the sparkly sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is awesome! I have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one amazing card Hazel...just so beautiful. And your birthday sparkle is so festive...just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love the punch of colour this card gives...wonderfully done and so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! This is absolutely amazing!! Love the blending colors on this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG, this is amazing background, Hazel! Those cheerful colors and dimensional birthday are fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a gorgeous card and what a fabulous idea to use vellum to do the masking. Must try this out and see if I can get a card as wonderful as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow hazel, such a gorgeous card here, fab colours too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. A perfect rainbow Hazel! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the clean lines you have with this technique, even with the overlapping and your choice of bright colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What wonderful swirls of colour Hazel, so vibrant... and that sentiment is just terrific against them!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Love your card and the way you've overlapped the colours too. Very bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hazel...this is GORGEOUS! I love the colors...and the blending looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous asking and inking my friend ! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x