Wednesday 29 July 2015

Happy Little Stampers CAS - Stamping & UK Craft Retreat! Less Is More - Snippets


Today's card is again for the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Stamping  as I wanted to get a last one in before closing!

Also, if you didn't already know Kylie is organising a UK crafting retreat, if you are interested, pop on over, all the details are posted on the Happy Little Stampers blog.

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com.au/

Anywho, this is my card today., which was very heavily influenced by a card I saw made in a video by the uber talented  Jennifer McGuire . . . honestly, if you have never seen her work, where have you been?  Just click on her name above to be taken to her blog and give yourself a real treat!










I first spread silver embossing paste through a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil on to a corner of grey card-stock, let it dry and flush mounted it on to a card base.  Then I dry embossed a white panel with a We R Memory Keepers Embossing Folder and cut the corner off at an angle and stuck a snippet of black card-stock under the cut edge to finish it off and then mounted that on to the grey panel.

Finally, I added some flower and leaves die cuts that I have had 'knocking about' in my craft room for ages and also a thanks die cut - also cut on another occasion - all these 'snippets' are from when I purchase a new die and try it out, I usually do not have a specific project in mind for them at the time, so they go into my little box and usually sit there forever!  As it contains a lot of 'snippets' I also thought I would enter it in the Less Is More Challenge, which is for 'Snippets'  I was also going to put it into 'Pixie's Snippets Playground', but am ashamed to say, I forgot how to use that Linky Widget over there . . . I've done it before, but I can't remember how?

I finished of with some WOS, and Glossy Accents on the sentiment and WOS on the flowers.

Why not get an entry in quick at HLS, you still have one day!  As always, I appreciate your visits and comments . . . you really do make my day!  Have a lovely one!  Hazel xx

22 comments:

  1. love the colors, design - everything about it - wonderful card Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is so gorgeous!! I love how dimensional the background looks!! The flower is beautiful!! What a fabulous card this is!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really stunning card, Hazel! Love the layout with the stenciled corner! What a cool embossing folder and isn't it a great feeling to use some of the things that have been sitting on one's desk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design and layout Hazel. You really rock this design! Love the silver embossing paste ... so shiny and pretty. And I love the addition of the black accents that make the other colours really pop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! This is so pretty, Hazel! Love that geometric embossing and the silver stenciled piece! And those flowers are gorgeous, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Hazel! The layout is fabulous and I love the texture you've got going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love all the elements which go together so well:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Hazel. Such wonderful texture, colorful layered flowers and a bit of a sparkly sentiment. Three of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This card just pops off the page, Hazel! The dimension is crazy good!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Hazel!!!! STUNNING, my friend!!! Love the idea of having the corner in grey and the silver embossing really looks great!!!! The flowers are sooooo beautiful - love the colours - and the EF is just fabulous!!!! This is a masterpiece!!!! Beautiful!!! Love it!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Simply AWESOME and oozing elegance here.
    I'm loving that embossed BG and need that tool!!!!
    Love your snippet use and a super classy card
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear, Hazel this is gorgeous. I love that bottom corner with the silver embossing paste, i don't know this product nor did i ever see it. I also love that embossing folder you have used. Really fab card my friend. And we all have loads of snippets don't we ? LOL
    Lucky there are snippets challenges on a regular base ;-)
    Hugs, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Hazel and I love the white embossing and then that corner using silver paste and decorated so prettily with the flowers and the large sentiment with the glossy finish. A really elegant card. Thank you for your lovely comment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Love this card Hazel!! I love the dimension it has, that background is amazing. Love the flowers and the stenciled piece in the corner. You knocked this one out the ball park Hazel! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Hazel...love your background is simply stunning and paired with your beautiful flowers makes for an over the top amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That embossed background is quite fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card, Hazel. I love that embossed panel and the stencilled corner is such a lovely touch.
    Thanks so much for linking up at Less is More.
    Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card, Hazel. I love that embossed panel and the stencilled corner is such a lovely touch.
    Thanks so much for linking up at Less is More.
    Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You might have been the last one in, Hazel, but this is all winner to me! I'm pinning it because I just love every aspect of this beautiful card!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw this card all over pintrest,and I have to say it's A AZING! love the layers of texture,wow this is another showstopper ,Hazel! Winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hazel!!! This is so sensational! You know I cannot resist dry embossed anything! Gorgeous! Think I may have to follow that lead...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x