Thursday 2 July 2015

Happy Little Stampers CAS - July Challenge - Stamping (my first ever DT post)

Hi everyone, I still think I'm dreaming about being asked by Loll Thompson (before I went on my break) if I would like to join the Happy Little Stampers CAS DT . . . and now, to be part of such a wonderful team as Happy Little Stampers, it's a dream come true. 

So, without further ado, let me show you my contribution to my very first post as a DT member on my very first DT!    The theme is 'Stamping'


http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2015/07/hls-july-cas-challenge.html



As the theme is for stamping, I felt that stamping needed to be the star of the show, so I used selective stamping to achieve this.  I used a VERY old stamp set that I thought would be ideal for this challenge, it is See D's, 'Say It Again' stamp set, and stamped each greeting in different colours of ink in rainbow order.

I finally stamped the greeting, Happy Birthday To YOU, underneath in Versafine ink in black onyx, with the Simon Says Stamp, 'You' stamp set.  Then I cut the panel with a My Favorite Things die from the 'Stitched Basic Edges' die set and foam mounted it on to the front of a card base that I covered with a piece of patterned paper from the Avery Elle, 'Everyday Collection' 6x6 pad.

I finished off with just three tiny iridescent star confetti pieces to match the patterned paper.

I hope you have been inspired to play along with the challenge at HLS.  Just make a card with stamping, and then link up to the challenge, it really is that simple.

Here are the pictures.










As always, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for any comments.  You all make my day!  Hazel xx

21 comments:

  1. LOVE this design Hazel. The repeat stamping in different fonts and colours is really pretty. Great match with your pretty patterned paper. So happy to have you on the team!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, I love how this turned out! Very eye catching and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with ur design, this is pure stamping delight ! Love love love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card Hazel using all of those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there teamie! Gorgeous card .... great layout and I love the multi colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, Hazel! Just love your idea using different styles of HB stamps!!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I love this, Hazel!! The design is amazing!! I love the sentiments in colors!! It looks fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely brilliant design, Hazel. So good to see you back - I missed you! I LOVE the colours and fun sentiments. Perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Hazel...this is some card. I love all those happy birthday's stamped in all those fabulous colors and fonts, so fun and very clever! Congrats on being part of Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design and colours, Hazel. I like how you stamped the different sentiments and your use of the DP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have I congratulated you yet, Hazel? If not, my sincere congratulations to you!! I knew it wouldn't take you long to catch the eye of design teams with your wonderful talent! This card is fantastic!! I hope you enjoyed your break! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your DT assignment. You've scored it big with this first card...so bright & cheery with the pretty colors of the sentiments. I am loving this stitched angle die...very impressive design. Love the subtle confetti stars with the colors complementing the colors on your birthday sentiments. Fabulous card, Hazel. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry Hazel, I am behind on my commenting. Trying to get caught up here, so bare with me. How fabulous you were asked to be on Loll's DT!!! You will be a great asset to this team my friend!! And your first card is amazing! I so love this card. The rainbow stamped sentiments is fabulous, I love that shape you die cut and I love those shimmery little teeny tiny stars. That pattern paper is just perfect too. A job will done for the firs challenge!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, teamie! Love this design and your stamping co-ordinates so well with the patterned paper. Looking forward to working with you on our future challenges.
    Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a super card Hazel, just love the design and the bright colours. A fabulous debut for the challenge. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful way to say Happy Birthday, Hazel! I'm still squealing with delight that we're on this team together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done, your first post and card are fantastic!! You did a brilliant job with the stamping and especially love the tiny stars on the bottom of the card. I'm so going to enter this one, probably many times and can imagine it will be very popular. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so cute and I love the fun design:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful card for your debut DT card. Love how colorful it is--great idea to repeat the sentiment in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun and cheerful card! Great debut!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, my friend!!!!
    Oh, boy, it's been a long time since I've been commenting on cards, as it is soooo very, very cold in the study where I have my computer and make my cards, that I rather spend time in the lounge sitting in the winter sun knitting!!!! But today I've set aside to look at all the lovely creations everybody has been making and visiting all my friends!!! And I know when I've seen everybody's lovely cards, I'm going to be inspired to make some cards again and try and forget about the cold!!!!
    Your card is soooo beautiful and so cleverly made for the stamping code word!!!! I love how you have played with colour and the little stars are so sweet!!!! This is really beautiful, Hazel and a wonderful creation to add to HLS as your first DT contribution!!! Congrats again - so happy for you!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x