Sunday 26 July 2015

Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Stamping



Hello my lovelies!  Today, I thought I'd make another card for our Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge - Stamping  as there is still a few days left until it closes.  Why not come over and join in?

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/hls-july-cas-challenge.html

Here are the photos










Following my decision of trying not to buy anything too much new stuff until I have used some more of my NBUS - I think we all know who started that acronym by now, don't we? - the lovely Darnell, of course, if you are new to blogging, pop on over and give yourself a treat and tell her I said to say, "Hi", she's warm, friendly, funny and will help anyone!

First, I heat embossed a subtle pattern with clear, dull, WOW embossing powder with my first NBUS, a background stamp from My Favorite Things, 'Lace' and mounted it to a card base.

Next, I stamped some flowers from another NBUS item, Altenew, 'Henna Elements' and did some masking, to make them look like they are overlapping.  Then I coloured them with Caran d'Ache pencils.

To finish, I fussy cut the edge, added a die cut sentiment, covered it in Wink Of Stella and Glossy Accents, doodled a few dots, to lift the whole thing and that was that . . . two more NBUS items used . . . now to make a start on the other 9,998 items!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday, take care!  Hazel xx

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous card my friend. You do well in cas style.
    I love it. And i also love the vibrant colours.
    Big hug Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Hazel! Love the bold colours and beautiful design xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is stunning!! I love the colors!! They just pop!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. so bright and cheery - and i love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Hazel! I LOVE your design. Perfect masking, gorgoeus colouring, and I LOVE the fussy-cut edge that reveals that beautiful stamping underneath. Have to give that a try!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous. Love Caran D'Ache pencils too. I don't have much NBUS, but I'm trying to take s leaf out of your book and not buy too much stuff. It is sooooo hard! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. There is a colorful and joyful. Beautiful composition of the card.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bright and beautiful card, Hazel! Great use of all the NBUS on this card! Love your combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, my friend. I LOVE your stamping and colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic design, Hazel! Your colors are so vibrant and this card reminds me of the wonderful works of art done by Kelly at You and Your Big Dreams! (That's a huge compliment!) Way to go using up that NBUS and thank you for the shoutout!! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. You blew me away with this cheerful card! Love that yellow corner peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the vivid coloring! You can't go wrong with this set~

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous and love the colors and design! So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, sorry I haven't been around in a while. I have lots of catching up to do and I'm going to do my best to catch up. I love, love this card today! The lacy yellow is beautiful, but it is those flowers you stamped and colored that really grabs the eye! The coloring is beautiful, I've never heard of those pencils, but they sure do have beautiful vibrant color. I love your doodle dots, they really make these flowers pop even more. Gotta have wink of stella and glossy accents. lol Don't we all have a ton of NBUS?! I know I'm in the same boat. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous, stunning and beautiful card! Your coloring is as perfect as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing Hazel. The colors are so vibrant! I've got that stamp set and it never looked so good in my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is just gorgeous...love the vibrant colours...
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. All the design details on #1 had me going "WOW". This is very dimensional with the way the EF looks on the white. Love the silver beads on the bottom area & slipping the black strip between them made BOTH of them pop. The flowers added some brilliant color and this is just very spectacular. Liked #2 as well, with the subtle embossing on the background, and the white dots on the bold flowers really created a lot of emphasis too. Great job on both cards. Great snippets too! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x