Saturday 22 August 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #200 - Take Three

Today's post will have to be a very quick one I'm afraid, as the internet is worse than ever - weekend, I suppose - plus, I should really be getting things in order before we go on Friday!  As I type this, I am doing so on a text document first, as I am frustrated with how many times I have lost this so far, trying to post it!!

This is for the Freshly Made Sketches 200th celebration challenge!


This is their sketch.

 http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/freshly-made-sketches-200-celebration.html


For this sketch I partial die-cut a Spellbinder cover die at what was going to be the top of the card, until I realised that it would look better at the bottom, so this one is flipped on it's head now!  Then I put acetate behind the die-cut border to make it a window border.  Next, I got a base card and cut the bottom part off the card front and attached the panel I had die-cut the border from - are you all still with me so far? - Then I lined the inside of the card with patterned paper, used a couple of thin strips to 'finish' the edges of the border, made a die-cut flower and leaves arrangement and stamped my sentiment.  I also adhered a piece of white card-stock inside the card at the top for a space to write a message.

This is the card.











My congratulations once again to the Freshly Made Sketches DT on their 200th challenge and thank you all, my lovely readers for taking the time to pop in today and for all your lovely comments . . . I will miss you all next month . . . but do look out for scheduled posts!  Happy crafting!  Hazel xx

16 comments:

  1. Lovely use of the sketch! I love the see-through panel. The colors are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us in celebrating 200 at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Hazel, i absolutely love it, gorgeous.
    So sorry you're still having troubles with the internet.
    Take care my friend, hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous...just love all of the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're still having internet problems. Your card is absolutely beautiful. The colours are lovely and I like the way you've used the acetate. Barbxx


    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that die cut over the window sheet! Beautiful card! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 200th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the design with the clear panel!! It looks amazing!! I hope you are able to get all of the internet issues worked out. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spotted your card in the gallery and was wondering when I will get my e-mail notification that you have done a post, Hazel!!! And here it is and your card is sooooo beautiful!!!! Love the idea to use the acetate so creatively - the cover plate is so lovely and how can not LOVE that stunning flower???!!! The colour of the patterned paper and the small swiss dots are beautiful!!! A stunning card, my friend!!!!
    So sorry to hear that you're still having problems with the internet!!!! Must be a terrible frustration!!! Hopefully it will be sorted out soon!!!!
    Have a wonderful Sunday!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just amazing Hazel! I love your card and that you used the clear panel, simply genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Hazel. You really an eye for designing with die-cuts and adding black. Stunning is the word that comes to me. I love the acetate panel ... really gives it something special. Have a wonderful vacation. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just stunning, Hazel! Gorgeous, gorgeous card and I love your use of the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ANother Lovely card - so pretty and with such awesome details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you have had such a headache with the internet, Hazel, and that you'll be away from us for a while, but I'm delighted that you were able to get this magnificent card linked up to the FMS challenge! I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the Internet! Love, love your card and the open front ,just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Especially love the way you used the acetate
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well if that isn't the coolest thing?! How awesome you clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, wow! That is one fantastic card! What an amazing design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x