Friday 2 March 2018

Mother's Day



Hello stamping buddies, I hope you are all keeping warm and cosy!  It is so cold here in the SW of the UK, we actually had snow!  This is rather a rarity, as, normally our temperatures are a little warmer than the rest of the country because we are so close to the sea!  However, these past few days, have seen minus temperatures, snow and frozen roads.

As I have said before, I have no heating in my craft room in the attic, and so, I have kept out of it as much as possible.  So, my Mother's Day card is yet another cheat - in order to minimise my exposure to the cold - I have added a pre-made card from my stash to the front of a larger card blank, which I stencilled glitter roses over and gave it a generous spritz of shimmer spray.  Mum will understand (as mum's do).  So, here it is.




I printed a lengthy verse, suitable for my mother inside and called it done.  Sorry I am taking a while to get back into my stride this year.  I do hope to do better soon!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it's stunning, Hazel!! Wow!! I love the glittery rose background!! The vase of flowers is so beautiful!! The doily is a fabulous touch!! This is so gorgeous and your mom will treasure it!!

    I hope the weather improves there soon. I do not like snow or cold. It's chilly here, but we have rain (lots and lots of it) but thankfully no white stuff :) Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card Hazel. Keep warm and well during this cold snap dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful Hazel and I'm sure your Mum will love it. The doiley behind the image looks lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris will love this card, Hazel! Such a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a reminder that spring will hopefully be here soon. Enough of the snow and ice! Love the glitter rose background and the doily ... so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, what a lovely card. I am so sorry it is too cold to get to your crafty room full time. I miss your pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Hazel and the stencilled silver glitter roses on the base card are so beautiful, and love that vase of flowers with the doily and the pink card which looks as though it has some stencilling on it too. I'm sure your Mum will adore this...made with love. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card for Mum, Hazel - she'll certainly love it - the bouquet is so pretty by itself but the doily and the glittery background make it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turned out quite fabulous for a "cheat" card 😊 I can't imagine that type of weather with no heat in my stamp room! I can certainly see why you are avoiding it --

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your recycled card turned out beautifully and is full of Love for your Mum. She will love it. TFS Hazel...so happy to see you stamping. We are having cold, wet weather on the Oregon Coast. Even have had snow mixed with rain, but so glad the snow is not sticking. Stay warm and dry. We have a nice toasty fire going constantly. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  10. It pretty ! I loved the use of premade embellishments, saved your time and made the card look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think your card is a cheat, I think it's beautiful! I'm sure your mother will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Mum will of course understand. Your card is so pretty Hazel and love the gorgeous layers. The weather has been awful, hasn't it? Bitterly cold with those winds too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This image is too pretty not to recycle, Hazel! I love the shimmery, embossed background! I'm thinking your Mum will love it too! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great upcycle, Hazel - the stenciled glittery roses look amazing behind the sweet bouquet!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really lovely! Your Mum will adore it!
    The weather is so crazy everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mother will love it! I know I do! There is no way I would want to craft in the cold, that would take away any creative ideas quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderfully done Hazel it looks so beautiful. Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful - and nothing wrong with using up what you have to make another card. I love the colours of those flowers. I can't believe the snow we've had. We had more yesterday - a week afterwards. It suddenly appeared and suddenly went again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty Hazel. It is blistering hot here in my part of the world[ south India] and it is just the start of our summer
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's gorgeous. Love the 'vase' of flowers and I like the embossing on the crisp white background. HOpe it soon warms up over your way. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x