Thursday 28 September 2017

Home Again!




OK, lovely people, no card today. just some stories, pics and video clips of my month in Andalucia!

First, I want to say, that I was able to receive my e-mails on my UK mobile (they have finally stopped roaming charges, thanks to the EU, but that probably won't last long now that we are coming out).  However, it was far too laborious to use a phone for anything other than e-mails.  So, thank you so so much if you visited and commented whilst I was away, I hope to make it up to you!  I did manage to post some pics to Instagram that I took on my phone, so I apologise to anyone who has already seen some of the pictures there.  First I will show a few pics and some short video clips of the surrounding 'campo' (countryside) and then on to a couple of stories.


 



Now, although there is nothing they sell for card making in that particular area, they have started to stock some wool and knitting needles, so, as I haven't knitted anything in years, I decided to start easy and knit a scarf for my very dear friend who lives there for the very cold winters they get!  


The weather was wonderful all month and it was a very relaxing time, except for the last week, when I was sat quietly reading a book in the sunshine minding my own business and a wasp stung me on the ankle!  Three days later I had to go to the emergency room as it was just getting worse and worse and swelling alarmingly, there they gave me a shot and some tablets and cream to massage in.


As I say, I apologise to those of you who have seen the pictures already on Instagram, and thanks to everyone who kindly visited and commented whilst I was away, it is so very kind of you all!

And, thank you today also, especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


12 comments:

  1. thx for sharing the lovely photos of your holiday - and the not so lovely photo of your wasp sting - bad reaction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see pictures Hazel and the videos. Glad that you had a restful time. Your knitting is fabulous!! What a lucky friend. That wasp sting looks so painful. I too swell up horridly when stung. Sending loads of hugs and hopes that your ankle and leg are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hazel that sting looks nasty and I hope it is better now. The countryside and mountains look beautiful and that seems to be quite a complicated cable pattern on the scarf. I'm sure your friend will have loved it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! That ankle looks painful! Glad you are home safely! Hope you left the wasps in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pics of the countryside there, I have most of my dad's side of the family living near Valencia. Poor you getting stung like that it looks really sore ! and for someone who hasn't knitted for a long time that scarf is amazing.
    Welcome back and look forward to seeing your wonderful creations,
    Hugs Kaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a great month's vacation. The scenery looks beautiful and so does that scarf! The ankle, not so much! Glad you are back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics and video's Hazel,looks great there... welcome home!Hope that leg is healing now too, how nasty. Looking forward to seeing your cards soon...well done on the lovely knitting too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos...so sorry about your ankle, hope you are on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home and just to let you know you have been missed. So glad you managed to relax and enjoy yourselves but so sorry about the nasty wasp sting! You sure did get a reaction to it x Yey to the knitting and the cabling is great...as if I know what I am talking about! Funny to think in that part of the world they get cold, always happy to learn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad your travels were enjoyable (except for the wasp sting). We just returned home from our travels, too. We visited Germany and Spain with brief stops in Austria, Switzerland and Lichtenstein. I'm still recovering from a loooong travel day and all the catching up required at home. Hope to be posting some pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely place to stay, Hazel. It's looks so idealic, peaceful and quiet. Except for that nasty wasp! Ouch!! That looks like a bad reaction. Hope the swelling has gone down and your feeling good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are lovely Hazel and I enjoyed driving along with you in the videos. What beautiful countryside and it looks lovely and peaceful. My goodness your poor leg did swell up. Glad to hear it's much better now.

    The scarf looks lovely and I'm sure your friend will be thinking of you when she wears it in the winter. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x