Sunday 8 October 2017

Inspired By A Little Bit Of Glimmer


Hello crafty people!  I hope you are all having a good weekend.  I bought myself a new sewing machine - my old one is (ahem) forty years old now and weighs a ton, and I had got fed up with hiring a crane every time I needed to sew something that I just gave up.  So, my weekend has been spent acquainting myself with my new one (I will probably keep my old now for the rare job that my new one can't cope with).

Anywho, back to my card.  Have you ever seen some small detail on something that has planted an idea for a card in your head?  Well, that's how my card today came about.  I'll explain.

I looked at a card I had made for my stash some time ago that I had used a Gellyroll Stardust pen on and it shimmered beautifully.  I had only used it for small details and thought that it would be pretty as the dominant focal piece.

So, I drew some lines on the diagonal with it, bordered it top and bottom with two small strips of black card-stock, added a die-cut flower, a sentiment and a white gem in the centre of the flower.

Finally, the finishing touches were some scribbled circles with the Stardust pen and some clear Nuvo drops over the scribbles to give the spots some dimension.

Here is the card.





I hope you have a great Sunday and a fabulous week!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

 If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


18 comments:

  1. Great design Hazel, what a great idea with the gelly roll pen and the pop of black sets it off beautifully :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty the Stardust pen lines are Hazel and I love the wonderful black flower and panel edges, also what a great idea to make cirles with the pen and fill them with the Nuvo drops. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could keep your old machine for sewing paper! That's what I did, yet I seldom remember to sew on a card :-) Love your inspiration that created this lovely card. It's beautifully CAS, but lots of drama. Wouldn't have thought to design with the stardust pen as you did here, but brilliant idea. The slanted aspect of the lines, bordered by the black strips, is just very artistic. Don't you just love the Nuvo drops? I'm enjoying the Jewel drops too...very translucent. Hope your leg is all healed now - and you folks had a nice weekend. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my friend!! I'm so happy to be back and visiting your blog to see the gorgeous projects I've missed while I was away!! This is so elegant and beautiful!! The sparkle is fabulous!! Love the flower, too!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a brilliant idea! From the sparkly stripes to the sparkly scribbles under the Nuovo drops! This card looks really elegant! Haven't used my Gellyroll Stardust pen in a long time - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks absolutely fabulous Hazel, I love it.
    Good luck with the new sewing machine.
    Hugs Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those glimmery lines are so pretty, Hazel! The sparkle and black make a really classy card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hazel that is just a great idea. Such a classy card with an elegant black and white colour combination...always works for me x Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card Hazel and so clever to use your gelly roll pen to make the shimmery lines with. I just love it and the black is so perfect. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel..love your fabulous card with stitching and Jelly roll pen....so elegant

    TFS and best wishes from your newest follower
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant, Hazel! It reminds me of a fancy tuxedo that someone might wear on stage (you know, one with a little sparkle on it). I've been doing a little sewing myself lately--curtains for my daughter's newly remodeled home. My favorite sewing machine (a Viking) bit the dust a number of years ago, and now I have my daughter's old Bernette (a simple machine by Bernina). I don't like it nearly as well as my Viking, but since I don't sew that much anymore, it'll do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Hazel, those glitzy lines add a lovely bit of dimension and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stylish design Haze and such a creative one too! Have fun with your new sewing machine.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This really is a beautiful card Hazel. Great design! What a clever way to use the Starlight pens. It really is very effective. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, the gelly roll pen makes a great big impact on this card. Very cool idea! I love the bit of nuvo drop too. Thanks for sharing and for all your kind comment ons my blog! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful and elegant card. Black and white are the perfect combination, adding a bit of glow that makes the card eye-catching. Miraculous inspiration, Hazel!
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x