Friday 13 October 2017

Something A Bit Different


Hello everybody.  I hope you have all had a good week so far.  I have been playing with my new toy - my new sewing machine - today, I am showing one of my first projects.

I used to sew in my early teens and young adulthood, but as clothes got cheaper and life got busier, I just stopped.  So, as it has been so long, I wanted to start small, with something easy.

I wanted some new cushion covers, so I decided that would be a good place to start.  They are nothing special, and they aren't complicated to make, but I had fun making them.

Here are a couple of pictures of them.



** EDIT **  I forgot to mention that, the fabric came from a duvet cover that I purchased because I loved the print.  And I put a zip/zipper in, in order that I may wash them.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

 If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


19 comments:

  1. those cushions are the cutest ever - love all those quotes - have fun with your new toy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow covers are so cute. Looks like you did a perfect job. Did you stitch them completely shut, use an overlapping closure in the back, or is there a zipper closure I just can't see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Hazel, I love that fabric !
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Hazel!! Your cushions are awesome ... love the fun quotes. I am "sewing" challenged, so I always appreciate those that can sew. Have fun with your new sewing machine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun Hazel, they look great and glad your new machine has re-enthused an old hobby. I'm sure this is the start of lots of lovely makes. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Cheryl, I should have said. I used a zip/zipper. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How talented are you? Loving the fabric and great recycling...gorgeous cushions Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great! I love the fabric! I rarely sew since I am not great at it, but if I did, I would do small projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Repurposing at its best, Hazel. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, they look so amazing!! I've never mastered sewing, but I've always wanted too. My Mom can sew anything but that gene skipped me!! Love, love these, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved these on FB, Hazel! That are too fun!! Enjoy your new toy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are fabulous and the perfect way to get back into sewing. I've been loving sewing so much lately. To nice to have something that you made yourself in the house. Keep going! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a good way to break in that sewing machine, Hazel! What fun cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! I just got back into sewing too! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful homey project Hazel, and the print is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pillows, Hazel. I love the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab cushion covers Hazel, just love them, you are so clever. I used to sew a bit but just don't have time anymore.Love the fabric too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Hazel this is so super creative...such fabulous use of your sewing machine. I am in awe!!!

    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look great Hazel. I love the material. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x