Friday 2 December 2016

Happy Little Stampers CAS December Challenge


Hi my lovely friends, today starts a new challenge over on the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge blog.  I also have to tell you that this will be my last DT post for that challenge, as, unfortunately, I won't be able to give it one hundred percent in 2017 and if I am unable to give anything one hundred percent I feel that it would be unfair to everyone and so, regrettably, I have had to step down.  Next year is going to be a very busy one for me.  However, I still hope to enter the challenge from time to time, as and when I am able!

Now, to this month's challenge,
http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2016/12/hls-december-cas-challenge.html

As you can see, this month we get to choose our favourite technique.  For my technique, I chose to do watercolour spritzing and I also used a die cut inlay technique.  Here is my card.





First I cut a watercolour panel and a red card-stock panel with the largest of the Simon Says Stamp 'Frames' die set and put to one side.

Next, I inked the Penny Black 'La Fluer Rouge' stamp with markers and spritzed it with water.  Then I stamped the image on the panel of watercolour card-stock and stamped the greeting with the Clearly Besotted 'Holly Berries' stamp set.

When it was dry, I then flicked some splatters of ink - mixed with water - on to the focal panel and finally I mounted the focal panel and the frame to the front of a card base, finishing everything with a lick of Wink Of Stella.

Why not pop on over and see the rest of the DT creations and show us your favourite technique!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


18 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Love the bright red, green and black together - fabulous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning, Hazel!! It looks like a painting!! The flowers look amazing!! The splatters are a perfect touch!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hazel. Sorry you had to step down as DT member.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hazel...going out with glory. This is such a gorgeous card and looks so artsy and so very beautiful. Yes life gets in the way at times and yes you are going to busy in 2017. Thinking of you and sending hugs X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous poinsettia Hazel and the spritzing in the background is so pretty. I love that sentiment font too which is very stylish. A really elegant Christmas card. I'm sorry you have to leave the Design Team and will miss seeing your beautiful cards there, but with the extra things going on in your life at the moment it is entirely understandable. Hope you do get some time for yourself though. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, Hazel. I love how she worked the paint with water to form this beautiful flower. Gentle splash brilliantly complements the card.
    Have a nice weekend, my friend :-)
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your watercolour poinsettias are gorgeous Hazel. LOVE this technique and you have mastered it. The splatters add the perfect finishing touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty card. I have to say I am surprised you got such a bright and bold red by coloring with markers on your stamp. It is a lovely result!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Hazel...your poinsettias are stunning. You will be so missed at HLS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Hazel, love the rich red and scalloped frame.
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, such a bright, beautiful card today. This one will put the "happy" in happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you picked a good one to go out on! I just love how effortless the watercolour spritzing technique is on cards, but I know it can be really tricky to get right. I love it - and all the splatters. I'm learning to love my inner splatter more. Hoping everything is well with you and your mum. Always enjoyed seeing your makes for this challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your last card as a DT member is gorgeous, Hazel! It looks very artsy with the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Hazel! I love this technique although I'm not the greatest at it, it is still fun. I'm sure that you will be missed on this design team, but I do understand what you are saying as I just did the same thing myself. I don't like not giving 100% either. So I will be stepping down from my DT later this month. Big hugs my friend, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Hazel, I love the showy effect of the gorgeous blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you will be missed at HLS, my friend. Your watercolour spritz is PERFECT. Wow!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely card in some of my favourite colours ever.
    Pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Finally catching up on some comments! This is a wonderful creation, Hazel. You've showcased the technique brilliantly and it's so festive. I will miss you as a teamie next year but hope to see you playing along xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x