Sunday 27 November 2016

QACAS Christmas


Hello my lovely friends.  I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.  I managed to have a little time in my craft room today and as I am so behind with Christmas arrangements (I haven't even had time to think about it much) I decided that any Christmas cards I get around to making this year must be very quick and very simple.

I started this one off by punching out around six circles with a circle punch, folded them all in half down the middle and adhered them together in a stack.  Next, I adhered the two back layers to a plain white card front.  Then I drew the string with a ruler and gel pen, added a computer generated sentiment and scattered three small gems, and called it done.

The beauty with this, besides being very quick and very simple, is that it folds fairly flat for posting and it's a fun design for the recipient.

Here are the photos.






That's it for today my lovelies.  I hope you have a marvellous week, don't forget to wrap up warm, if it's as cold as it is here at the moment.

A quick update on Mum, she is so much better and almost back to her old self and it's lovely to witness!  However, she will never be back to 100% - because, of course, there is no cure for heart failure - but she is as good as she can be at ninety and with the health problems she has.  She still requires a great deal of support, but I have had a care package put in place for her, and it has eased my workload to a certain extent.  

I have also arranged for a mobile hairdresser to go to her home to do her hair once a week and I still ring her every day of course.  I also do all of her shopping and paying of her bills and so on, plus I will have to get all her cards and gifts that she loves to give at Christmas . . . and all my own Christmas shopping too (Mum is going to have Christmas with us), so still heaps to be going on with, so I had better say, cheerio for now.  Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.




16 comments:

  1. love this CAS card, Hazel - and the red paper you used makes it so special! and so good to hear good news about Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely beautiful x. It's so good to hear that your mum is doing so well and you are getting the help you need with the care package. Enjoy your Christmas shopping when you get chance. We are meeting at Moya's this Wednesday if you would like to join us again - it would be lovely to see you again dear friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your mom is doing well my friend!! It sounds like you are taking very good care of her!! Continued prayers for her well-being :)

    Your card is stunning!! The dimensional ornament looks amazing!! I'm going to borrow this design for card this year!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Hazel, very effective design !
    Glad to hear that your mum is recovering well, its so worrying isnt it. It will be lovely for her to spend Christmas with you I'm sure.
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Hazel, you have so much on your plate before the holidays. Wish there was something I could do to help. Your card is awesome. I love it so much, I may give that design a try myself. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the 3D ornament..cool Cas look and whats best is it folds flat !!Good to know your Mom is getting better :) I hope you all have a lovely Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very pretty CAS card Hazel and the red bauble is fun and love the red gems. Glad your Mum is now so much better and getting as much help as is available but life must be much busier for you with the extra tasks to do so with regard to cards simple is definitely good. I will be going down that route soon too if I don't get a shift on with my cards. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a lovely ornament, you picked the perfect paper! The sentiment is such a neat one too!

    Glad you hear your mum is doing much better now! So glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Hazel, that gorgeous ornament makes an amazing focal point, stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card looks so lovely Hazel. I am so happy to read your mum is doing so well. Don't forget to stop every now and then and take a breath my dear, don't run passed yourself in all the zillion things you still have to do. Big hug, Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someone sent me a card last year with a similar design (your red paper is gloriously festive!) and it was so quirky to get in the post. I'm so glad to hear your Mum is doing better, even if she won't ever be 100% we'll, having her back to almost must be lovely to see. Good luck with all your Christmas shopping - it's something I don't enjoy at all, but it must be done! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great CAS card, so we love the most. Up close can be seen how beautiful pattern on the bauble. I love it!
    Most important, however, it is that your mom is getting better. Try it to find info on the net about the treatment of vitamin D3. I think it could to help her. Just remember that vit. D3 must always be given with vitamin K2 MK7. I hope the next news will be even better. I'm with you my friend.
    Hugs to you, hugs for mom and for the whole family :-)
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw your comment at Pat's, so was able to quick/click and come over to see you. I had been wondering how things were going, and it's heartwarming to know your Mom is improving. Even if she doesn't get back to 100%, that's still a big accomplishment at 90! I'm so glad she's going to be able to enjoy Christmas with you; also that you have something in place to give you some care-giver respite too! This is just a stunner card. Love your idea for the flat folding yet dimensional circle ornament. Looked at a closeup, and what rich texture on the circles...looks quite like a speciality paper. Very CAS, very clever and very elegant! (elegance is always best kept simple, right...not just in cards, but clothes as well!) Take care my friend, and hope you are able to carve out a bit of relaxing time for yourself in the midst of all this endeavor. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe QACAS but definitely not boring! Love how you made the three dimensional ornament! Will have to pin this for the future!
    So glad to hear that your Mum is doing so much better! I am sure you still have your hands full but at least everything is moving in the right direction, it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are 'finding your feet' as they say. There's nothing quite like life throwing you a curveball to keep you on your toes.
    Such a striking card, Hazel. I adore it. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful CASlicious card, Hazel! Love that you are using my QACAS aaacronym and giving us fabulous inspiration for what is QACAS! This design has tons of personality!! I'm so so glad that your Mom is doing lots better! I hope things continue to improve, especially during this busy time of year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x