Thursday 17 November 2016

The Hard Work Starts Now


Hi my lovelies,  Sorry it has been so long, but Mum was discharged on the 10th and my feet haven't touched the ground since!  She is at home now, but I have had to have a lot of support put into place as she is still far from 100%.

First, she was discharged without enough medications, and what medications she did have were just in boxes (Mum needs a blister pack, as she still gets confused with them), so I rang her pharmacy and they said they were waiting on a prescription from Mum's doctors and they were, "closed today for staff training and won't be open again until Monday", it was Thursday, so I asked what we could do to get the crucial medications!  They told me to ring 111, which I did, and the doctor said he would fax an emergency prescription to Mum's pharmacy, but I would have to go and collect it.  I was without my car and it was five-o-clock and the pharmacy closed at five-thirty (and it's not an insignificant jaunt from mum's house), I ran all the way - boy, am I out of condition - and got her meds.

I won't bore you guys any longer about the string of catastrophes and cock-ups, since, but suffice to say, I literally haven't had a minute to myself until last night, when I managed to grab a whole hour to do my own thing!  

As I haven't even had time to think about Christmas, I thought I'd better get some cards done, so I made eleven, mass production style, cards.  I pre-cut all the panels, cut all the triangles by hand out of foil card-stock, cut the glitter paper borders, folded the card bases, and punched out a load of little stars with my EK Success star border punch. After getting all the pieces needed, I stamped the sentiment on the panels and heat embossed with gold EP and got to assembling them.

I won't post all the photos, but here are a selection and then a 'group shot'.










So sorry I have been very remiss in my visits to all your lovely lovely blogs and thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


18 comments:

  1. Hazel, your cards are so festive and what a great design to duplicate like this!

    I am having trouble comprehending how the pharmacy could be closed for so long! Glad you were able to get the meds worked out though! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, firstly I'm glad your mum is home, but what an awful time you've had of it! I'm glad you had some time to play around and I love the result - shiny, blingy and every bit Christmas. Hope things start to improve for your mum :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well WOW! With all on your plate AND making fabulous cards - WOW you are a Wonder Women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you, nothing is ever straightforward is it? Beautiful cards my friend and I hope you are soon able to get a little more time to yourself and you and your mum get the supportand help you need. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a small supply of very beautiful cards for the holidays! They are really beautiful! I am glad that your mother is better now. This is very good news and I am pleased to hear it :-)
    I wish you much of tranquility, good health for the whole family and a lot of time to visit your craft room
    BożenA xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness me poor Hazel. Don't forget to breath every now and then my dear. But I'm glad your mum has her meds now. Good for you on the mass production cards they look so lovely. Sending you love 'n hugs, Veerle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your Mum is home now Hazel but it sounds as though it has not been plain sailing for you and you must be very tired and frustrated, and I hope things gradually improve. Considering your lack of time you have done a great job on these cards which are extremely pretty. I love the different shapes and sizes of trees in that fabulous foil card, and the glitter paper goes beautifully, and the sentiment looks perfect stamped across one edge. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful array of cards - fantastic mass production with those great colors and design!! take care of yourself or you won't be able to help Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my friend, I am so sorry for the problems you've had getting your mom settled. I hope she is resting comfortably at home now and all of the medications are all straightened out. How you found the time to make so many stunning cards is amazing!! I love, love them all!! The design, the sparkle the details are all fabulous!! Beautiful job my friend!! Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending well wishes to your mum and I pray that things continue to improve and that you find more time for you. Lovely collection of cards Hazel, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are amazing, Hazel! Your mom is so lucky to have you there, helping her when she needs it most. And making so many beautiful cards in such a short amount of time is simply unbelievable. Hope you are taking good care of yourself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry it's been such a tough transition to having your mum back home. Hopefully things will smooth out soon. Lovely cards Hazel. Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. With all you have been thru Hazel with your Mum and you still are able to create all your stunning, elegant and creative cards. I am so impressed!

    Hope all is going much better with your Mum. I know exactly what you have been thru...hang in there..it is so worth the time and stress to make sure your Mum has the right loving care and I know you know that....

    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart really goes out to you, my friend. I was feeling badly that I haven't been sending you a joke-a-day, but I now realize it's good because it would have just been one more thing on your to-do list and you are over the top with things to do! I admire your dedication to your mother so much! The inability of people to do the jobs they are paid to do is universal and rampant now with no one giving a thought to how their cock-ups have a ripple effect that could completely undo a person emotionally or physically. It makes me crazy. I don't even know what to say except that I am keeping you in my prayers. I wish I lived nearby so I could lend a hand.

    And after all you are doing for your mum, you then make more incredibly detailed and gorgeous cards in one hour than most of us can make in a week!! WOW! Please take good care of YOU, too, Hazel so you don't spin yourself down into the ground! Sending love and hugs!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your graphic CAS Christmas cards are lovely with all the sparkle and shine!
    So sorry to hear that the ordeal with your Mum continues! Hang in there!
    Thinking of you and sending you lots of love,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. My blog is back...ye ha! Thinking about you Hazel and so glad your Mum is home but will still be lots of hard work for you...the next stage of her recovery x Fabulous set of cards and brought a lovely smile to my face to think you are crafting again x Stay strong and remember to look after yourself. Sending Love and Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hazel, you have a lot on your plate my friend! And your poor mum, how awful you had to run to get her meds like that!! Don't forget to take care of yourself too my friend, for you can't care for your mum if you get down sick too! Love your beautiful cards, now that is the way to mass produce! Praying for you and your mum. Hugs, Brenda

      Delete
  17. Beautiful set of cards, Hazel.
    Sorry I've been MIA. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x