Monday 4 July 2016

One Die Set, Eight Cards & One Set



Well now my lovelies, for those of you who haven't visited here since my return and do not know why I have only managed to post once since then, I will enlighten you.

On top of all the usual things to catch up on (see previous post), and apart from the fact that my 90 year old mother's kitchen ceiling had come down and needed to get sorted out, we are now on VERY limited broadband and no land-line telephone, as, the water-board company cut through the telephone cable when they had to repair a water pipe running underneath our driveway - evidently, they decided not to bother us with such trivialities and therefore didn't inform us!!  The telephone company has  now said that it could be up to 7-10 days before they dig up the cable and replace it and return us back to 'normal'.

In the meantime I have tried to get around some of your blogs, but it has been very frustrating!

A couple of days ago I received an order from Stampin' Up and one of the things I purchased was a three-part die set called, 'Detailed Floral Thinlits' and I thought it was so beautiful I immediately set out to see how many different ways I could use it - so far I have thought of eight different ways - that's right dear readers eight!!  So far I have made two (I didn't want to make up all eight at once as the post would be far too picture heavy).  Eventually, I will box all eight as a set to gift to someone.

Here is the first.





Here is the second.





The way I made the second card, it could be used to hold a gift voucher.


Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


17 comments:

  1. wonderful cards Hazel - i was without tv, internet & phone for 3 days and thought that was bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are absolutely stunning, Hazel!! I love how you've used the pretty dies!! I can't wait to see the other six cards!! The background color on the first card is beautiful and I love the pretty flower on the second one!! I hope you are able to get your telephone lines fixed soon, and your Mom's ceiling. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! The first two cards are really pretty! Can't wait to see the others!
    Hope you will be "connected" again soon! So frustrating when these things happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this die in my NBUS box! These cards give me some good ideas of what to do with it! Love the pretty background peeking through the first and how the second one makes a pocket! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, Hazel, I certainly don't envy you those phone issues. I hope it is sorted sooner, rather than later. Your cards today are wonderful. I'm really looking forward to seeing the other ways you use your new goodies. You're SO creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful die and you've found two fantastic ways to use it. Can't wait to see the other six! That will definitely keep you out of trouble since you have time on your hands without good internet service. Hope things get fixed faster that expected and you'll be back on-line. In the meantime, keep creating --- we are all looking forward to seeing what you come up with! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that is so frustrating! I'm also sorry about your mother and her ceiling. Been quite a return for you! But you've made 8 cards with the one die set?? That's amazing! I don't believe I've ever used any of my stash that much. I absolutely love the green card with the die cut cover. That is stunning. Can't wait to see more, when you have the internet back up and running. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How frustrating about the land line and limited broadband....Sorry too about your poor Mum's ceiling! The parcel in the post must have cheered you up no end!!! Beautiful cards today. The blending is gorgeous and those die cuts are so pretty. The second one is such a clever idea to use as a gift card/money wallet too. It sounds like it will be awhile before things will get back to 'normal' for you so perhaps you could make more cards and show them to us? lol xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer about all the catastrophes you have encountered after your holiday - 8 ideas! YOU go girl! Starting out with a bang with these pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these are so pretty I can't wait to see the rest, Hazel!!!! That is such a lovely die!!!! Love the ombre effect of the green bg on the first card and your gift card pocket on the second one is so clever!!!!
    Hope things will all be sorted out very soon, my friend!!!! So nice to have a post from you!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful and elegant cards Hazel...love that lacy look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was dying to see this die set used and I can't wait to see what your other idea are Hazel. You have blown me out the water already! Love, love, love both cards! Wow, you have had a lot going on. Can't believe they dug and cut the lines like that. Here in the states, you have to have lines marked before any digging can be done or pay the piper! I hope this gets resolved sooner rather than later, but we know how that goes. lol Hang in there my friend, just keep making cards! You will have a lovely set to give as a gift. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous die and gorgeous cards Hazel. I think this die is perfect when you need a very pretty but quick card no ? I'm looking foreward to see the others.
    Hope they will work faster and it won't take up to 10 days.
    Hugs Veerle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaah! SU should hire you to demo this fabulously detailed & beautiful die. Love #1 with the ombre colored background under the die, and the way you've done the presentation of the sentiment. Also liked the design of #2, very clever, as well as beautiful. Good luck with the repairs. So aggravating waiting on fixit people, yeah? TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... I can see why you like this die set, Hazel. It suits your style perfectly and you do it such justice. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my what a terrible time you have been having Hazel!....hope things are all sorted now!! gorgeous cards here too, such pretty dies ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x