Friday 29 July 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch #183


Hello lovely crafty friends.  I hope this finds you all well.  Today's post is for the CAS(E) This Sketch #183 Challenge, which is the lovely sketch below by Chrissy Larson, which looks like this.

http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/case-this-sketch-183.html

I don't have any single bird dies, but as soon as I saw it, I thought that I could finally use a hitherto unused Spellbinders 'Bird On A Wire Die', that I have had for ages!  As usual, I will post the pictures first, and then those who are in a hurry can get off.  Then, for those who are interested I will post the supplies and details below.





First I took a plain white card base and a plain white panel and cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.

Next, I got four different blues of Imagination Crafts 'Starlight' paints - the shimmer is incredible - and mixed a tiny drop of each with some water in a sectioned painters palette and painted the four stripes, going from lightest blue to the darkest blue and let that dry.

Whilst the paint was drying, I cut the birds and sentiment out of black card-stock.

Once my panel was dry I adhered the birds and the sentiment and stamped the hugs & kisses and called it done!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!  Have a wonderful weekend folks!


22 comments:

  1. There certainly is a gorgeous shimmer to those paints. A beautiful die too and a great CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card Hazel - the blues and shimmer make it so special - happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. The graduated shades of blue really shimmer so beautifully behind the birds silhouette. So glad you found a NBUS and worked into this gorgeous & CAS card. It is a stunner! Happy wkend, TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Hazel.
    Have you ever used Teinkling H20's? If so, just wondering how these compare to your Starlight paints?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely! THat die was one of the first I ever bought and I've used it once or twice - I need to get it out more. The shimmer on that paint is pretty amazing and works so well as the blue background - like a shimmery sky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't wait to see how you did the background...wow...loving those paints and adding them to water and then painting them on, fabulous effect. All set off with the black birds on the wire (blakc in colour and not in type lol xx)..Love this one Hazel x I am always interested in how you did it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Hazel,
    This is really a great card. I love the iridescent colors! Very impressive! Beautifully composed you card, it is perfect !!!
    Have a nice weekend,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The shimmer paint IS incredible! I love what you did with the sketch, I am actually working on this one today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, the shimmer paint makes this card, I like it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, it's absolutely stunning!! The shimmer paint looks amazing!! I love the birds on a wire!! What a perfect take on the sketch!! This is so gorgeous my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. A shimmery masterpiece! I love the ombre effect of your stripes and the bird on a wire die cut looks absolutely brilliant with that background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty Hazel and perfect for the challenge. Those painted stripes have a wonderful sheen and your die cut birds look great over the top. Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is so perfect! I love the shimmer in your stripes! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And another breathtaking entry!
    Thanks for adding this beautiful work to our CTS gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been in love with this die for a long time now. lol Your card turned out beautiful Hazel! I love, love, love that paint you used, it is so shimmery and shiny! Your die cuts really look like you have stamped them instead, funny how that is. Your card is simply gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your shimmery stripes are just beautiful and set off the birds perfectly! This card looks amazing, Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, this is simply STUNNING, my fiend!!!! Those shimmery paint strips look awesome and the birds are so lovely - can't believe that you actually painted those strips yourself and not stamped it - you've done it so neatly and they're perfect!!!! And the birds on the wire - so cute!!!!! Talking about a winner...!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is simply beautiful! THose shimmery paints really add great interest to this already stunning card! I predict a win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never have I heard of these paints, Hazel! Thank you for my premier look! OH how gorgeous - and I think the birds on the wire are a perfect fit for our sketch! Thanks for playing along! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those shimmery stripes are a gorgeous background for the birds on a wire! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous design Hazel. Love the shimmer from those paints and will have to look into getting some to play with. :) Fantastic design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. These shimmery stripes are a perfect backing for this wire of birds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x