Thursday 28 July 2016

My First Group Crafting


Hello everyone, I hope all is well with you.  You may remember that when we met up with the lovely Darnell, I also met Linda - who, it turned out, lives not far from me in our very own home town - small world.  Well, Linda contacted me a few days later and said that she had been shopping with her friend Moya and had asked her if she minded me going along to their regular, crafty meet at Moya's house on Wednesdays.  I'm delighted to say that Moya was kind enough to let me, a complete stranger, join them in their crafting evening!

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, what crafts, what space and so on, so I took a compact amount of supplies, some images I'd coloured whilst in Spain, some scissors, glue, small trimmer, card bases, plain card panels, an adult colouring book (not that kind, so stop smirking in the back there) that I had as a gift for Christmas from my step-son and my watercolour pencils and a water-brush of water.

Linda kindly picked me up and when we turned up at Moya's beautiful home, there were other ladies there and a ninety year old gentleman (sorry everyone, I am really bad with names and it takes me a while to remember them).  It was a really lovely gathering, everyone was warm and friendly (I can be a little shy when meeting new people), but they all made me feel like part of the group from the off.  There were a number of different crafts  going on, crochet, colouring, cutting out, cross-stitch and making up 3D items.

When it was time to leave, I thanked Moya for her kind hospitality and she asked if I would like to go again next week!  I said that would be lovely!

On the way home, Linda and I found out that we had quite a bit in common, besides crafting, and so, a new friendship is born!  With thanks to Darnell for the facilitation!  Besides some colouring I did - the images are so intricate, it will take me months to finish just one - I fussy-cut some SSS roses and leaves that I had stamped and coloured whilst in Spain.


You will be seeing some cards made with these in the future!  In the meantime, have a great day!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know!


23 comments:

  1. How lovely to have a little crafting group, even if it were just one visit! But to be invited back, just sounds like so much fun! Your flowers are so pretty, they make a pretty bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hazel, how lovely to make new friends thanks to our lovely Darnell! Your flowers are absolutely beautiful too,

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've now met the mighty Sir Andy of Stafford and his daughter Wynneth then! They're both friends of mine too! Small World indeed!

    Fab colouring experiments, look forward to seeing your finished pieces

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it fun to meet new crafting friends - love seeing Darnell's adventures - and will look forward to those lovely flowers in a creation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how nice to be a part of crafty met ,sharing with creative people! Looking forward to your cards with the colored images :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you've made a new friend through your meeting with Darnell. I really enjoyed reading about your evening and look forward to seeing your finished pieces. Off to Linda's blog now. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased you had a great evening with Linda and Moya at their craft group Hazel and enjoy your next meeting too. I love your pretty flowers and leaves and look forward to seeing what you do with them. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun Hazel!! It's a joy to get together with crafting friends to share some laughs, and share the joy of art ... whatever form that may be. Looking forward to seeing what you make with those beautiful flowers and leaves. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fun to have new friends to craft with!! The weekly crafting group sounds like so much fun!! The flowers are stunning!! I can't wait to see what you do with them!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful to have a crafty friend and those flwoers look sooo cute
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post today and what a friendly gathering and what a fabulous blog family we have x Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great time. Like you, I'm not that great with lots of new people, and never sure what to expect. Would be lovely to have a regular meet up though with like minded people. Look forward to seeing your cards :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun-- dual win; meeting Darnell and getting a new friend! Perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you felt comfortable in our crafting group and here's to many more meetings together. I did laugh at the adult colouring book. Your colouring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was so lovely to meet you last night Hazel, we are a nice friendly group and the things we work on on Moya evenings is very eclectic ! I do hope you'll come along regularly as it will be lovely to see you again. That was indeed the man referred to by my great pal Kathy as Sir Andy of Stafford ! I think the Moya group know him as Ray (just to confuse things even more) his name is actually Andrew Raymond Murray and has been known as Ray for much of his life but is also Andy Murray ! If all that makes sense ? Linda is a lovely lady and I met Moya through her and I met Linda at a SU! Event in Plymouth, which yet another crafting pal took me to ! I can't recall whether you are attending the HLS retreat or not, but I'm sure it will be loads of fun. Hope to drop by your blog now I have the link. Hugs Wynneth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How amazing to find a crafting group from a visit from Darnell from America! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like you had a lovely time. I miss crafting with a group. When I first started stamping I joined a group a friend told me about and I only knew one or two ladies there but I soon found that crafty ladies are friendly ladies and in no time I felt like I'd been stamping with them for ages. There's a wonderful camaraderie to be had when you craft with friends and I hope that your new friends will be friends of yours for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a fun time! So happy you were able to meet Darnell. I only know her from her blog, but she seems like such a fun lady to spend time with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy for you for the new friendships, Hazel!!!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun and yeah for going regularly in future, hey!!!! Have fun and enjoy!!!!
    And your coloured roses (they look like roses to me!!!) and leaves are so beautiful - your colouring is simply great!!!! Can't wait to see what make with it!!!!
    Have a great weekend, my friend!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad you got to have a playtime, Hazel... and to think you said it wouldn't happen! Hope you enjoy each and every one. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. This just makes me smile from ear to ear Hazel!!! I'm so glad you had a great time and that everyone made you feel apart of the group. I wouldn't know why they wouldn't, you are a fabulously sweet person! Glad to hear that you are going again and that a new friendship is budding!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hazel, I think this sounds ideal! What a wonderful world, right? Enjoy every second of it ... and I do look forward to seeing those lovely roses on a card soon! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  23. How nice that you can get together with other lovely crafting folks, Hazel! Darnell has a way of bringing folks together. Those are some pretty flowers! Can't wait to see them on cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x