Wednesday 20 January 2016

Stencils, Snippets & 'Enamel Dots'


Well, my lovely friends, I am posting this at 01:30 UK time!  I didn't finish this card until this evening and then forgot that I hadn't posted it yet, so here it is.

As you can tell by the title of this post, I have been 'playing' with stencils again.  Also, this is another card for Pixie's Snippets Playground  as the butterfly layers and the sentiment strip were all made from snippets.  The butterfly was die cut from a snippet of white card-stock and  a snippet of vellum, which I coloured on the back with a marker to coordinate with the sponging I did through the stencil and the sentiment was heat embossed on a snippet of black card-stock.  I finished off with a few of my home-made 'enamel' dots.

Well, all I need to do is now is show you the picture, sign off and go to bed!







 
Thank you so much for popping by and for any comments you might leave, I really do appreciate them all.  Goodnight, I'm off now.  Have a good evening/day whatever, you are doing!

18 comments:

  1. stunning card Hazel - love the colors and layout - this is going to my Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really beautiful, well worth staying up late for!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this design Hazel. The subtle stenciling in the background is awesome. Gorgeous butterfly, and the black accents make everything pop. Great card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO Subtle..the stencil effect and the delicate butterfly make it look soft n pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the subtle addition of the stencil Hazel. This is awesome.
    Hugs, Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh Hazel this is a stunning card. I love everything about it. The hand made enamel dots are great. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! So soft and the stencil is so subtle but adds that little thing that is needed. Love the enamel dots. They worked really well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft look and and the partial stencil pattern! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOve this so very much, Hazel ... I think a slip, or snippet, of vellum makes everything so dreamy! Beautiful shade of pink!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, Hazel, this is so dreamy and gorgeous!! I love the subtle stenciling!! It looks amazing!! The butterfly is beautiful!! The enamel dots are a perfect touch!! What a stunning card this is my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow......Hazel..you work well in the wee hours of the night! This is stunning! Gorgeous layer of the butterfly! Love the bit of stencil...so very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a delicate and subtle design used to great effect.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Hazel - what a stunning card. LOVE the soft pink and black, subtle inking, beautiful sentiment and the butterfly is lovely. Great idea to top it with the small one too!

    And of course the enamel dots are fabulous - tee, hee, my beads arrived here yesterday. I keep peeking at them and will certainly play when I have time!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very delicate and very pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty and delicate Hazel, love the colour combo and that sweet butterfly too.You make your own enamel dots too...wow did you do a tutorial...will look back to see if you did.I am into stencilling too, just bought lots of paste and stencills, cards soon lol ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so classy with the soft pink and black! What a beautiful butterfly too! Awesome, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous. As Miss di will tell you I love pink, I adore butterflies and would love it if you came over to my inky butterfly challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw this over as a Playground highlight, and recognized it as your work! Too, too beautiful. Such lightness in the colors & design, and the wonderful butterflies. A terrific use of your snippets and some gorgeous pink lovliness. Well done! TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x