Monday 14 September 2015

Butterfly Trio

As you are reading this I will be in sunny (hopefully) Spain, with the peace and quiet of the campo (countryside) all around. 

Of course, as you, (my regular readers) will know, I am without internet, but with the problems and frustrations I have had recently with the internet - that can only be a good thing - the downside is, I will miss you all and my visits around blogland!

Just before I left the UK.  I had made a Bokeh background piece and wanted to do something with it, so I made three cards.

** WARNING **  This post will be picture heavy!


When I cut the butterfly die out of the background, I couldn't bring myself to throw away the negative pieces, so I cut another butterfly out of black card and used the negative pieces with the black one and mounted it to a plain, white card base, added a sentiment strip, WOS and glossy accents.

This is that card.








The butterfly I cut out of the Bokeh piece, I just made into a shaker card on plain, white card-stock and added a sentiment die-cut.

This is that card.










Finally, with the Bokeh background, I cut another butterfly out of white card and foam, adhered them together, backed the cut-out with gold foil card-stock and adhered the layered butterfly in to the cut-out for dimension.  I then added a sentiment, die-cut from the same gold foil card-stock, added some gold  'sequins' and some gold Stickles and called it done!

This is that card.

 









I hope that you enjoyed your visit today and if you leave any comments, I thank you and apologise that I will be unable to return the favour until I am back in the UK!  Have a lovely day!  Hazel xx

12 comments:

  1. So lovely, all three of your butterfly cards! Your bokeh background looks fabulous! I still haven't tried out this technique even though I really want to! Oh, why are there not more hours in the day...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, all three are absolutely stunning!! I can't decide which is my favorite - I love them all!! Have a wonderful, relaxing, safe trip!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! what an awesome group of cards and love how you used every bit of your lovely bokeh background piece! have a wonderful time in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set of cards !! I loved the colors and variation with butterfly..bokeh,shaker and dimension !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are all stunning! Love how you've even used the negative pieces. Fabulous. Hope you're having a great time - nice being without the internet for a while! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First Hazel I hope you're having a wonderful time in Spain. Your three cards are absolutely beautiful. I love how you've mixed and matched the butterflies. I really can't pick a favourite. Great Work! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Hazel my friend. Enjoy your time in Spain.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three beautiful cards Hazel. Looks like you make the most from your beautiful bokeh background (which is GORGEOUS!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How amazing that you can make so many beautiful cards with one background!! I especially love your butterfly shaker, its gorgeous with that coloured butterfly and clear sequins!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE all your beautiful butterflies, you are so good with this beautiful incest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Talk about using every scrap! These cards are beautiful and I absolutely adore that you used each part of the butterfly and the background to put them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel each and every one os your butterfly cards are amazing! Oh my gosh and a shaker love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x