Wednesday 7 February 2018

Neccesity is . . .

. . . the mother of invention crafting!


Now, before we start.  I know it's been forever since I last posted (and even then they couldn't really count, as they weren't newly made.  But I just haven't been 'feeling' it lately.  The truth is, I had a rubbish start to the new year, January wasn't good. Also, the weather here was day after day of non stop torrential rain, cold, gale force winds and every time we looked out of the windows all you could see was grey grey skies.  I don't have my heating on in my attic crafting room (don't want my stash to spoil), so I didn't want to go up there.

However, I haven't been totally idol, as I am having to sew a completely new wardrobe for myself because I had to stop kidding myself that I only needed to lose a few pounds and then I would be able to get back into all my clothes!  Then, it suddenly dawned . . . it ain't gonna happen girl!  Another reason that things have been so rubbish. So, I have been sewing.  Those who follow me on Instagram will have seen my attempts.

Back to the title of this post.  My dear old mum said to me yesterday, "did you make me two sympathy cards?"  "what sympathy cards?" said I.  "One for Christine (a distant relative) and one for Lynnette" (one of her morning carers).  "You didn't ask me Mum, but I will" was my reply.  So the rush was on, as I was going to be picking her up in an hour to bring her round to our place for the afternoon and evening.

As my mojo still hadn't returned, I used the same design, stamp and sentiment for both sympathy cards and whilst I was at it, I needed to make a Valentine card for my valentine DH!  Such as they are, here are the results.






If you are still with me after that, thank you so much.  And if you still follow me after such a long hiatus I admire your tenacity and thank you for sticking with me.  I am hoping that it won't be so long now before my next post and hope and pray that it isn't for such sad circumstances that makes me create something.

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


20 comments:

  1. so good to see you post today, Hazel - looks like the mojo is back - darling valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going by the short time you had in hand the cards have turned out Good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fabulous, its hard to be creative when you're not really feeling like it but you did a fantastic job x hopefully see you this evening x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both so beautiful, my friend!! Your designs are gorgeous!! I think your mojo definitely has returned because these are both so fabulous!! I hope you show some of your sewing creations, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Hazel and I adore your sweet red envelope with the hearts on the card and I think there is something extra on there that you are keeping as a little secret. Joking aside, it is a super design. The sympathy card is perfect too with that bit of sparkly heat embossing on the background and the great silhouette flower. I love the little black gems too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel you have been missed. Yes the weather certainly doesn't help but Spring is on its way x Mojo looks like it is back with this two beautiful and so appropriate cards x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so glad to see your post in my feed! Your cards are beautiful. It's hard to make those sympathy cards, isn't it? I try (emphasis on "try") to make them ahead of time so that I don't have to be thinking about the loss of a specific person while I'm creating them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel, I've missed your posts and I completely understand. (Having a rainy cool day here as I go through my blogs). Fortunately I have been seeing your fabulous seamstress-ing skills on IG.

    As for your cards - love that embossing on hubby's card. Your sympathy card is perfect, and that design can be used for many occasions. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beauties, Hazel - just love the sympathy flower & the envelope filled with hearts! Looks like February is better for you already!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's awesome seeing your post Hazel, but I totally understand because I've been going through the same thing. Trying to lose weight too and thinking the same-it ain't gonna happen, but I'm trying. Although not so good on some days-the rainy, snowy, icy dreary days I don't make good food choices and eat when I shouldn't be eating. Anyway that is my week this week. lol I love both of your cards my friend, they look pretty. Look forward to seeing you post again but wait until you are ready as we will be here whenever the urge strikes you to post. Big hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that pretty 2nd card the sparkle looks fabulous. I'll stick with you mf hope your MOJO returns soon 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. TFS your sweet Valentine for your DH and your Sympathy card x'2. I have used that stamp set flower and sentiment many times in the past, but have given it a rest for several years. TFS and the reminder that it truly does make a thoughtful and beautiful card.

    So happy you made your cards, Hazel. Maybe your sweet Mum has given your mojo a boost and next time you will have more time to enjoy your creating. Take care and don't worry your creative juices will begin flowing again. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to see you today Hazel!! Your cards are so beautiful. Your dear hubby will LOVE that Valentine's card. Adorable! And the sympathy card is gorgeous with the stenciled glitter and beautiful silhouette image. Your mum is please, I'm sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, I hear you about the wardrobe! I need to do the same thing, my friend! The pounds are here to stay!

    Your Valentine is sweet and fun! Love the little envelope. And the sympathy cards are perfect! Classy and not flashy! Hope you had a good evening with your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you, I really do! I find January and February extremely difficult in so many ways and my crafting is only just picking up now. I've been enjoying your sewing too! I have a pattern to find in my old sewing stash for a skirt I desperately want to make again. You have been doing so well! I also love how you say your mojo isn't there, but you still have something to be able to make two beautiful cards perfect for sympathy. Keep going, it's going to get warmer soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know about no mojo, as these are both wonderful cards, Hazel! I have been seeing your great sewing projects on IG. You are so much more talented than you give yourself credit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's lovely to see you, Hazel! If these are your cards with no mojo, girl, your talent knows no bounds! They are stunning, as always! I know someone who is going to cherish his Valentine! Glad you kept busy in January with sewing so you had some outlet, my friend. I am glad things are better and I hope the weather turns warmer soon for you! It will be lovely to see you commenting and blogging again!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so sweet Hazel, lack of mojo is happening here with me--not with you at all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing cards, Hazel!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE them!!!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Hazel, if you can create such pretty cards in such a short time and without mojo I am very impressed! Sort of glad your Mum "forced" you into your craft room, hehe! But sewing is crafty, too and I am sure your card-making mojo will return! And blue skies as well!
    Hugs,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x