Sunday 7 January 2018

Searching For Inspiration!


I have been searching for inspiration as I thought it was about time I did a post for the new year!  However, after the Christmas rush and the worry over my mum's chest infection - she's recovered from that now, thank God - my mojo just went walkabout, and I'm worried it will never return. 😓

So, in the end, I went through my 'bits and bobs' stash - you know, don't you, we all have them - bits that you have cut out, tried out, coloured, embossed and left to one side.  Well, I came across this digi stamp that I coloured ages and ages ago and decided to try and build from there.

First, I stamped the sentiment from a new stamp set - as yet unused - as I thought it rather appropriate.  Next, I felt the image needed framing in some way, so I chose a piece of card-stock that was similar in colour (I had nothing that matched exactly).

Then I took some card bases in different colours and held the focal piece in front of them, but the only one that it seemed to suit was a white base, but that looked a bit plain.  So, then I tried stamping various backgrounds in a variety of  colours, and none of them looked right.

I finally went for a white card base and stencilled some embossing paste through a stencil in random places.  I let that dry and it seemed the best I could do, so I mounted the focal image to the card base with thin foam tape and called it done.

Below is the result, not inspiring, but, alas, that was the best I could do without the return of my mojo!




Happy New Year to you all, and let's hope it's a healthy, happy and creative one for us all!

Thank you so much for your visit today and especially if you have left a comment.  You are all appreciated more than you know! 

If you have a question, please be sure I have a way to contact you so I can answer, as a lot of you are 'no-reply' bloggers, so I am unable to reply via e-mail.


15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you x Your card is fantastic and beautifully coloured. You definitely made all the right choices in the design and in the meantime you got to play and create backgrounds for future cards 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card Hazel and sorry your Mojo has gone walkabouts but this card really proves it's not gone far x Sorry to hear about your mum Hazel and yes here's to a healthy 2018 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Hazel, and I think your fun lady looks great with the textured stencilled background and the pretty layer makes it stand out beautifully. I'm not surprised you feel that your mojo has got a bit lost Hazel as you have had a lot to worry about for the last few weeks, but it really doesn't show as this is a super card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is delightful, Hazel! I love the subtle white on white stenciling and the thin mat of color! Looks like you're back in business! I'm glad your Mum is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! You have to love those never used completed images right? 😊 worked well for a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hazel - glad your mom is on the mend! And I love your sassy young lady - such fun for you to find her a nice home on a card! Mojo has returned, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great result when Mr. Mojo has gone into hiding! This card is super cute. I love the sassy image (and envy her voluptuous figure, he he). You've colored her beautifully, and that sentiment is definitely perfect. Happy New Year to you and your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New year! I know this situation very well..atleast you made a card..I had to scrap mine ;) Its okay..before you know you will be filled with many ideas :)till then this one is good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fun card Hazel.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year my friend!! I'm glad your mom is doing better. This is a great way to get your mojo back!! She's adorable!! I love how you colored her!! She totally makes me smile!! Love the sentiment, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's super fun, Hazel! Your textured background on white was a great idea. It's got to feel good to use an image that you've been saving. I have that box of images and die cuts too, and it needs to be used up! So glad your mom is better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are being hard on your self Hazel. This is fun and silly and the embossing paste texture just fits in with the fun feel of this card. Glad to hear your Mum is faring better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a fun image and beautifully colored! The sentiment goes perfectly with it and I also love the stenciled background!
    Glad to hear your Mum is better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! It's no wonder really we have a little bit of a slump in January. ALl those Christmas cards, eating and also some worries you've had. This is just a fab card - when it popped up on my email, it just made me laugh!!! - and just what I needed for my New Year mojo search. Keep going, it'll come back sure enough! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colouring. This would be perfect for Darnell, don't you think?!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your comments you lovely people, they really make my day! Hazel x